The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Keytruda/fatigue and Provigil (modafinil) tweak

Forums General Melanoma Community Keytruda/fatigue and Provigil (modafinil) tweak

Participant

Thx Paul for posting yesterday re your Keytruda fatigue, taking a break, now trying modafinil with good results.  Fatigue from Keytruda bugs my husband too so spoke w our oncologist @ today's exam/infusion. He says the latest is a tweaked form: Nuvigil (armadafinil), apparently less SE's/interactions.  Is being used in several glioblastoma trials bcs fatigue such a big problem for glioblastoma folks. (Didn't get into if Kaiser is involved in any). We will pursue this next month. Husband's celebrating 1 yr anniversary on Keytruda and continues PFS. So grateful for this extra time and don't want to mess anything up! Will tread carefully but would be great to have some energy again. Peace, perseverence and +++++mindset to all you tough mel warriors. A.L.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        _Paul_
        Participant

You are very welcome Anita Loree!

I have been on it for a week now, and I am tolerating it well. Adjusting the dosage was important for me. Too much and I would feel anxious. Too little and I would feel tired. Right now taking 100mg when I wake up seems to do the trick, but about 12 hours later I am back to sleepy. But that's ok, since my day is pretty much over by then.

I hope he finds the best solution to his fatigue. And congratulations on one year! I just had mine and it was a big deal to me, it meant I had made it past my expiration date. Very happy for you two!

– Paul

_Paul_
          Participant

I have been on it for a week now, and I am tolerating it well. Adjusting the dosage was important for me. Too much and I would feel anxious. Too little and I would feel tired. Right now taking 100mg when I wake up seems to do the trick, but about 12 hours later I am back to sleepy. But that's ok, since my day is pretty much over by then.

I hope he finds the best solution to his fatigue. And congratulations on one year! I just had mine and it was a big deal to me, it meant I had made it past my expiration date. Very happy for you two!

– Paul

_Paul_
            Participant

– Paul

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics