The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Just talked to My Warrior Wayne at MDA :-)

Forums General Melanoma Community Just talked to My Warrior Wayne at MDA :-)

Participant

He really had a fantastic report !!!   Dr. B  told Wayne "again" that he was one of the very few COMPLETE RESPONDER'S they had seen.   His Billirubin was up a tad, but nothing to be alarmed about.   They gave him Neurotin for the NERVE pain in his legs and feet that is keeping him up nights in crying pain.   We expected that, and are hopeful it will fix that problem, and give him some much needed relief and sleep. 

He really had a fantastic report !!!   Dr. B  told Wayne "again" that he was one of the very few COMPLETE RESPONDER'S they had seen.   His Billirubin was up a tad, but nothing to be alarmed about.   They gave him Neurotin for the NERVE pain in his legs and feet that is keeping him up nights in crying pain.   We expected that, and are hopeful it will fix that problem, and give him some much needed relief and sleep. 

Wayne's largest tumor was in his left lung.   It was 2.6 cm.   That tumor has not shown "any activity" on PET SCANS since June.  It remains there, but has died down to 0,9, so the stinker is SHRINKING away and dying off.    YES !!!

FUTURE TREAMENT PLAN:   Dr. B says that if all PETS continue to come back NED like they have been, they will probably take him completey off ZEL at the one year mark, which would be JUNE, 2013.   AND IF the little "STINKER TUMOR" has not totally died a miserable death at that point, they would probably consider removing it through surgery, just to know it's out of there, and has no chance of WAKING UP AGAIN !   WE BELIEVE that may be the SEED, or the first of the tumors to begin the mets.  Our humble opinion.  Largest one, toughest one to get rid of.  

They were sorry to hear he had the heart cath and about the 95% blockage in the one artery, but the nurse use to be a Heart Cath Nurse and said it was great they got that fixed and he would have more energy now with blood/oxygen beginning to flow better thorugh his arteries, and we have already seen that begin to happen.   If we can get this DREADFUL LEG/FOOT PAIN under control, I think we might actually really BREATHE HERE for a while !    TEARS………….sniff, sniff.   Even good news is very emotional with this monster isn't it !!!  

We are grateful to GOD for this awesome report !!!  

WE HOPE THIS WILL "ENCOURAGE" someone – everyone –  no matter what stage and circumstance you are in.   Remember Wayne had mets to lungs, liver, sternum, spine, and bone, so this was so small fete.   We know that every GOOD REPORT we read encourages us, and we hope this one will encourage you too !   (Sometimes it's hard to post GOOD REPORTS when so many are having such tough time, but hopefully it will be a post of encouragement ! )

OK, so I think I will go cry like a baby now…….let those PENT UP EMOTIONS OUT.    He is over there finding himself a couch or recliner to take a nap in right now, and will fly back in tonight.   We'll go back in Jan. for the next PET SCAN and VISIT !   We are so very GRATEFUL for M. D. ANDERSON CANCER CENTER and our beloved Dr. B. 

GOD BLESS YOU ALL and KEEP THE FAITH !    MIRACLES HAPPEN EVERYDAY !!!

Nancy (devoted and excited wife of 3 X Warrior Wayne)  <>< 

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        audgator
        Participant

Great news, Nancy.  I hope you are also feeling better.  Way to go Wayne.  Hang in there.  Those wonderful squints are learning more all the time from us and will beat this yet.   Dan

audgator
          Participant

Great news, Nancy.  I hope you are also feeling better.  Way to go Wayne.  Hang in there.  Those wonderful squints are learning more all the time from us and will beat this yet.   Dan

Snickers60
              Participant

Thanks Dan……..and a special thanks for your thoughts for me !!!   ๐Ÿ™‚   You are a kind person and we wish you well with

your journey with this MEAN MONSTER illness.    

We are pretty excited…………and grateful.  

Nancy (devoted wife of 3 X Warrior Wayne )  <><

Snickers60
                Participant

Thanks Dan……..and a special thanks for your thoughts for me !!!   ๐Ÿ™‚   You are a kind person and we wish you well with

Snickers60
                  Participant

audgator
                  Participant

triciad
                    Participant

Nancy,

Contratulations on the wonderful news…it looks like it will be a joyous holiday season for you and Wayne.  May God grant Wayne continued success with his treatment.  I look forward to the NED post next June.  Here's to many more happy scans!

Tricia

triciad
                      Participant

Nancy,

Contratulations on the wonderful news…it looks like it will be a joyous holiday season for you and Wayne.  May God grant Wayne continued success with his treatment.  I look forward to the NED post next June.  Here's to many more happy scans!

Tricia

triciad
                        Participant

Nancy,

Tricia

DeniseK
                          Participant

Thank you for posting Nancy.  You don't know how much hope this gives me.  I too have several lung mets, the largest being 4.3 x 3.3 cm.  That was at the last scan 4 weeks ago.  This give me hope!!

Thanks again Nancy.

Denise

DeniseK
                            Participant

Thank you for posting Nancy.  You don't know how much hope this gives me.  I too have several lung mets, the largest being 4.3 x 3.3 cm.  That was at the last scan 4 weeks ago.  This give me hope!!

Thanks again Nancy.

Denise

DeniseK
                              Participant

Thanks again Nancy.

Denise

Tracy Chicago
                                Participant

Great news! I've taken a break from visiting the board so do not know your husband's story but I'm so glad I got to read your post today! Wayne sounds like quite the fighter! I hope the little stinker gets kicked out soon!!

Tracy Chicago
                                  Participant

Great news! I've taken a break from visiting the board so do not know your husband's story but I'm so glad I got to read your post today! Wayne sounds like quite the fighter! I hope the little stinker gets kicked out soon!!

NYKaren
                                      Participant
                                        Nancy,
                                        Thanks for sharing your great news.
                                        I’m so happy for you both. Hope you feel better soon, and I join everyone else in looking forward to your updates.
                                        Warmly,
                                        Karen
                                        NYKaren
                                        Participant
                                          Nancy,
                                          I’m so happy for you both. Hope you feel better soon, and I join everyone else in looking forward to your updates.
                                          Warmly,
                                          Karen
                                          NYKaren
                                          Participant
                                            Nancy,
                                            Warmly,
                                            Karen
                                          Tracy Chicago
                                          Participant

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics