The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Just joined the MRF

Forums General Melanoma Community Just joined the MRF

Participant

Hi all, I have just joined the MRF and have started reading some in the forum. I am stage 3c, diagnosed on Oct 13th of this year. My tumor looked nothing like Melanoma. It is called Amelonotic as it had no pigment or color to it. I waited a long time to have it checked. It was 5mm external, 8mm internal with cells found in 4 lymph nodes under my arm. I was sent by my Oncologist for a brain scan immediately, it was clear, thank God. I had to wait some time before my PET to let my surgical area heal. My PET was clear, thank God.

I now have started ipi in the 10mg/kg dose as it was approved for stage 3 by FDA 15 days after my diagnosis.I have had one treatment and the next one is due in 3 days. My side effects have mostly been fatigue up until the past week. The itching and rash has progressively been getting worse.

I was looking to see if anyone else may be at my stage and be using the ipi as their treatment.

God bless you all……Mike

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        gregor913
        Participant
          I’m stage 3b. I start yervoy tomorrow. There’s been major advancements in melanoma treatment. My sister friends Dad has been stage 4 18 years and counting. I think yervoy is a good start. I’ll see how I handle it tomorrow. Greg
            geriakt
            Participant

Greg,

I know Monday will be a nervous day for you.  I was scared on my 1st day of treatment as I did not know if I would react or know what was flowing through my veins.  It turned out to be nothing so please relax on your first day.

Tom

geriakt
              Participant

Greg,

I know Monday will be a nervous day for you.  I was scared on my 1st day of treatment as I did not know if I would react or know what was flowing through my veins.  It turned out to be nothing so please relax on your first day.

Tom

geriakt
                Participant

Greg,

Tom

gregor913
                Participant
                  I’m stage 3b. I start yervoy tomorrow. There’s been major advancements in melanoma treatment. My sister friends Dad has been stage 4 18 years and counting. I think yervoy is a good start. I’ll see how I handle it tomorrow. Greg
                  gregor913
                  Participant
                    barb3246
                    Participant

Mike,  Could you give us a description of what your amelanotic melanoma looked like? Thanks

barb3246
                      Participant

Mike,  Could you give us a description of what your amelanotic melanoma looked like? Thanks

barb3246
                        Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics