The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Just had my first Ipi treatment

Forums General Melanoma Community Just had my first Ipi treatment

Participant
      I’ve been reading a lot of the posts about people taking Ipi. It is so encouraging to read how many people are doing so well during and after treatment. There doesn’t seem to be any way of knowing how you will react.
      I had my first treatment Dec. 6 ( my husbands birthday!) and will have my second on Dec.29(my daughters 25 birthday).
      I have been dealing with Mel since 2006. It started on my nose. Three years later it came back in the same spot. I did a year of Leukin after 6 weeks of radiation. This year, Aug 22 I had surgery on my right lung to remove 3 spots, only 2 were Mel. Oct 14, I had surgery on my left lung to remove one spot. I thought everything was gone until my last PET scan showed a new spot behind my knee. I had not ever thought that I wouldn’t beat this until that moment. It all became very real and it took me me a week to get my positive thinking back. This is all so very hard!

I prayer for everyone on this forum to have a happy holiday and may they find a cure for all of us soon!

Nancy

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        hope4cure1
        Participant

Hi Nancy.  Well, if you're in to numbers, you would have to believe that your husband's and daughter's birthdays are certainly lucky days!  I hope you are one of the many fortunate people who have had very positive responses.  You are so right that people are doing well on this treatment and other treatments as well.  This forum is a wonderful place to get information, support and inspiration.  It is natural and understandably hard to stay positive. It sounds, however, that you are ready to celebrate a wonderful Christmas with your  loved ones. I join you in your prayer for a cure.

Hope

Roxy1453
            Participant
              Hope, thanks for your words of encouragement. I read your history, you have been through so much! But it sounds like you are doing great now and have it under control. I pray it stays positive for you.
              I go I to tomorrow (Dec 29)for my second IPI treatment. I’m doing pretty good right now. I have a little upset stomach and itching but nothing I can’t control and live with. I praying for good responses tomorrow.

Thanks for your reply,

Nancy

NYKaren
              Participant

Hi Nancy,

Glad to hear that you're staying (mostly) positive–you certainly have been through a lot.

…it's funny, I had the exact same side effects as you after my 1st infusion and the doc said it was too early.  I think they know a little better now.  Most side effects don't start until after the 2nd or 3rd infusion…I say that not to scare you, but to make sure you remember to report anything out of the ordinary to your doc.  Most can be controlled by meds…I was on anti-itch meds and an anti-colitis steroid (I had out-of-control diarrhea.)  The stomach issues stopped soon after my last infusion, the itching lasted a while. 

Best of luck,

karen

NYKaren
                Participant

Hi Nancy,

Glad to hear that you're staying (mostly) positive–you certainly have been through a lot.

…it's funny, I had the exact same side effects as you after my 1st infusion and the doc said it was too early.  I think they know a little better now.  Most side effects don't start until after the 2nd or 3rd infusion…I say that not to scare you, but to make sure you remember to report anything out of the ordinary to your doc.  Most can be controlled by meds…I was on anti-itch meds and an anti-colitis steroid (I had out-of-control diarrhea.)  The stomach issues stopped soon after my last infusion, the itching lasted a while. 

Best of luck,

karen

NYKaren
                  Participant

Hi Nancy,

Best of luck,

karen

Roxy1453
                    Participant
                      Hope, thanks for your words of encouragement. I read your history, you have been through so much! But it sounds like you are doing great now and have it under control. I pray it stays positive for you.
                      I go I to tomorrow (Dec 29)for my second IPI treatment. I’m doing pretty good right now. I have a little upset stomach and itching but nothing I can’t control and live with. I praying for good responses tomorrow.

Thanks for your reply,

Nancy

Roxy1453
                      Participant

Thanks for your reply,

Nancy

hope4cure1
                      Participant

Hi Nancy.  Well, if you're in to numbers, you would have to believe that your husband's and daughter's birthdays are certainly lucky days!  I hope you are one of the many fortunate people who have had very positive responses.  You are so right that people are doing well on this treatment and other treatments as well.  This forum is a wonderful place to get information, support and inspiration.  It is natural and understandably hard to stay positive. It sounds, however, that you are ready to celebrate a wonderful Christmas with your  loved ones. I join you in your prayer for a cure.

Hope

hope4cure1
                        Participant

Hope

Viewing 2 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics