The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Just Craziness!

Forums General Melanoma Community Just Craziness!

Participant

Hi,

Hi,

So some of you may remember me from a while ago. I had vulvar melanoma stage II clear SNB (5 years ago). That was my 4th melanoma and according to the doctors nothing spread. Last PET was probably 5 years ago and it came back clear. I am now 35. I have had crazy symptoms over the past month and at it turns out I have had a stroke. They doctors have no idea why (I don't have a single red flag for stroke and there has been no stroke in my family) and they say that my symptoms don't match that of a stroke because I am having issues all over. My symptoms are dry mouth, dry eyes, disoriented which comes and goes, shortness of breath, burning in arms/pins and needles, when walking at times I can't tell where my feet are being placed, numbness on face (both sides), sometimes food/water tastes smells weird and the oddest thing is my toesnails have horizontal ridges. I have had an MRI of my brain which shows the stroke and an MRI of my spinal cord which shows nothing. I have had a CT scan of my head which showed a sinus infection and a CT of my chest which showed a very small nodule. I had a nodule about 7 years ago and it's probably the same one. No one was concerned about it.

So then I started reading. I read an article about a girl whose first sign that her melanoma spread was she had a stroke. Has anyone every heard of anything like this on this board?

Thanks,

Everymoment

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Janner
        Participant

Brain mets would most likely be the cause of the stroke in the article you read.  We've seen that here before.  But since you already had a brain MRI and mets were not found, it seems unlikely to be the cause for you.  Sadly, there sometimes is no rhyme or reason to things and crap happens.

Best wishes,

Janner 

Janner
          Participant

Brain mets would most likely be the cause of the stroke in the article you read.  We've seen that here before.  But since you already had a brain MRI and mets were not found, it seems unlikely to be the cause for you.  Sadly, there sometimes is no rhyme or reason to things and crap happens.

Best wishes,

Janner 

Janner
            Participant

Best wishes,

Janner 

Everymoment
              Participant

Hi Janner,

Thanks for the reply. My MRI was clear for mets. It's so frustrating to not know why something happened. And, it's even more frustrating to still feel so poor. I have just been having the weirdest sensations!!!!

Thanks for your thoughts.

Everymoment

Everymoment
                Participant

Hi Janner,

Thanks for the reply. My MRI was clear for mets. It's so frustrating to not know why something happened. And, it's even more frustrating to still feel so poor. I have just been having the weirdest sensations!!!!

Everymoment

Everymoment
                  Participant

Hi Janner,

Everymoment

Everymoment
                    Participant
                      Hi Everyone,
                      So the neurologist is stumped as to why I’ve had a stroke at 35. All the blood work keeps coming back fine for autoimmune diseases. I had a CT of my head and chest and it came back clear other then a small lung nodule that the radiologist said did not look suspicious. The MRI came back with a small stroke. Considering the doctors can’t figure out why I’ve had a stroke isn’t it time to do a PET scan? After my history of melanoma I think it would be warranted. Thoughts?
                      Thank you,
                      Isabell
                      Everymoment
                      Participant
                        Hi Everyone,
                        So the neurologist is stumped as to why I’ve had a stroke at 35. All the blood work keeps coming back fine for autoimmune diseases. I had a CT of my head and chest and it came back clear other then a small lung nodule that the radiologist said did not look suspicious. The MRI came back with a small stroke. Considering the doctors can’t figure out why I’ve had a stroke isn’t it time to do a PET scan? After my history of melanoma I think it would be warranted. Thoughts?
                        Thank you,
                        Isabell
                        Everymoment
                        Participant
                          Hi Everyone,
                          Thank you,
                          Isabell
                      Viewing 2 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics