The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Just a piece of advice…

Forums General Melanoma Community Just a piece of advice…

Participant

Hi folks,

Some of you know that few days ago i failed on BRAF inh. And now im on the decision way.  A new meat appeared in my lung, a very small one SUV 5.1 but all others, including my armpit nodule, are not in PET. As far as i know, a new met always means progression, so i have to change the treatment. My onc. Wanted to stop pills but finallywe decided to continue, at least till i decide what to do. IPI is the most clear option but new Trials are going to come out in a little time in Spain and i want to see if something more interesting could be on them. May be a Combo pembro and ipi or something like that. Now my Onc. Wants to wait 1.5 month to see everything with more perpective. But as you know after Fail Braf the tumor could become more agressive and everyday counts. I want to wait just 15 max for trials information and start IPI inmediatly. Well, thanks for your pieces of advice in this difficult moment.

Juan

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Tim–MRF

Juan:

I am sorry to hear about the new tumor. I am not sure I have a lot of advice, and you clearly are well informed about the treatment landscape. I do have a couple of thoughts. The ipi/ nivolumab combination is very intriguing, though it has a lot of side effects. The response rates are very impressinve.

If you do decide to take ipi as monotherapy it opens the door for future use of pembro (Merck's anti-PD!). In the United States pembro was just approved, but you  must have had ipi first before you can take it. I don't how this will be viewed in Spain.

Tim–MRF

Tim–MRF

Juan:

I am sorry to hear about the new tumor. I am not sure I have a lot of advice, and you clearly are well informed about the treatment landscape. I do have a couple of thoughts. The ipi/ nivolumab combination is very intriguing, though it has a lot of side effects. The response rates are very impressinve.

If you do decide to take ipi as monotherapy it opens the door for future use of pembro (Merck's anti-PD!). In the United States pembro was just approved, but you  must have had ipi first before you can take it. I don't how this will be viewed in Spain.

Tim–MRF

Tim–MRF

Juan:

Tim–MRF

BrianP
              Participant

Juan,

I don't have any advice for you either.  I think if I were in your shoes my line of thinking would be pretty similar to your's.  I wish you the best and hope you have a little luck on your side with the combo trials.

Brian

BrianP
                Participant

Juan,

I don't have any advice for you either.  I think if I were in your shoes my line of thinking would be pretty similar to your's.  I wish you the best and hope you have a little luck on your side with the combo trials.

Brian

BrianP
                  Participant

Juan,

Brian

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics