The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

JULIE IN SO California

Forums General Melanoma Community JULIE IN SO California

Participant

Hi Julie,

I was reading old posts and saw your last post in September and was wondering how you are doing? I hope that you are doing well and enjoying your Hanukkah. Please post to let us know your OK!

Shalom

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        jenny22
        Participant

I too was reading through her recent upates and wondering how she is doing.

Julie- please let us know how you are.

Best,

jenny

jenny22
          Participant

Best,

jenny

jenny22
            Participant

Best,

jenny

BrianP
              Participant

Hope you are well Julie. Been thinking of you also. 

BrianP
                Participant

BrianP
                  Participant

Julie in SoCal
                    Participant

Hi Friends,

Thanks so much for asking!  I'm in a much better place than I was at in Sept/Oct!  That was bad funk time.

While testing for clinical trials I found out that I have (now had) hepatitis c. This was a shock- more like a gut kick. Of course excludes me from any clinical trial so my melanoma options were surgery, or watch and wait.

Since then I've taken the treatment for hep c.  It's a kick upside the head as the fatigue and muscle / bone/joint pain have been debilitating at times.  But it's working and this is temporary (this is my mantra when I feel crummy).  I should be back to my normal self when the treatment's over.  

Meanwhile on the melanoma front, I chose to watch and wait.  I have a very small tumor burden (yea!!).  One lunch met under 2 cm.  Also it's been slow, but smart- it's evaded all the smart drugs we've thrown at it.  So watch and wait was a real option. In early Dec I had scans and they show stable disease.  essentially no change. At the end of Jan I should be finished with the evil hep c meds and I'll make a decision whether to have surgery or try for a clinical trial.

To be honest, right now, if I had to make a decision, I'd probably pick surgery.  I'm not sure I want to keep feeling crummy.  And who knows what a clinical trial will do.  

So this is where I'm at.  I appreciate the community that this has become for me. Thanks for asking for an update!

May you all have a blessed (and NED!!) 2017!

Shalom,

Julie

Bubbles
                        Participant

Oh my goodness!  As if melanoma were not enough!  Sounds like you are hanging tough and plowing through your hep c treatment, though!  Hang in there!  You are right…it's not forever.  But, gracious!!!  Glad you are feeling pretty good about your melanoma options. Warm wishes for you and yours in the coming year!  celeste

Bubbles
                          Participant

Oh my goodness!  As if melanoma were not enough!  Sounds like you are hanging tough and plowing through your hep c treatment, though!  Hang in there!  You are right…it's not forever.  But, gracious!!!  Glad you are feeling pretty good about your melanoma options. Warm wishes for you and yours in the coming year!  celeste

Bubbles
                            Participant

Julie in SoCal
                            Participant

Hi Friends,

Thanks so much for asking!  I'm in a much better place than I was at in Sept/Oct!  That was bad funk time.

While testing for clinical trials I found out that I have (now had) hepatitis c. This was a shock- more like a gut kick. Of course excludes me from any clinical trial so my melanoma options were surgery, or watch and wait.

Since then I've taken the treatment for hep c.  It's a kick upside the head as the fatigue and muscle / bone/joint pain have been debilitating at times.  But it's working and this is temporary (this is my mantra when I feel crummy).  I should be back to my normal self when the treatment's over.  

Meanwhile on the melanoma front, I chose to watch and wait.  I have a very small tumor burden (yea!!).  One lunch met under 2 cm.  Also it's been slow, but smart- it's evaded all the smart drugs we've thrown at it.  So watch and wait was a real option. In early Dec I had scans and they show stable disease.  essentially no change. At the end of Jan I should be finished with the evil hep c meds and I'll make a decision whether to have surgery or try for a clinical trial.

To be honest, right now, if I had to make a decision, I'd probably pick surgery.  I'm not sure I want to keep feeling crummy.  And who knows what a clinical trial will do.  

So this is where I'm at.  I appreciate the community that this has become for me. Thanks for asking for an update!

Shalom,

Julie

Julie in SoCal
                              Participant

Hi Friends,

Shalom,

Julie

Viewing 8 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics