The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Jualonso UPDATE , fail BRAF

Forums General Melanoma Community Jualonso UPDATE , fail BRAF

Participant

Hi friends, 

i would like to ask for an advice from you, now i have to take my first important decision, Today my PET/SCAN has revealed Progression on COMBO BRAF INH. then i have to go one step forwards.

In this moment what i have available is Ipilimumab, because EAP of pembro is just after fail ipi.

Other Option could be wait a little to see clinical trials i can do it, Im in Spain and nothing interesting is available at the moment.

I have decided with my doc because just a new spot is in my lungs but other are still missing that we are going to continue with the braf inh, till i decide what to do next. I have low Tumor burden so far.

I would really apreciate your advices

Jualonso

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant

So sorry, Jualonso!!!  I know you have been very worried about this possibility.  I would probably go for the ipi.  It helps many.  As you noted, it is required for the expanded access to anti-PD1, which would still be available to you should you need it after the ipi.  However, it is not an easy decision to take, is it?  It is very personal for each of us, so whatever you decide I wish you my best.

Celeste

jualonso
            Participant

Firstable, thanks for your good wishes, 

I think i will try to find a clinical trial pembro plus ipi or something like that, ot

Oherwise i will start with ipi asap, i want to take advantage of my low tumor burden.

I know you have a healthy free style, and i would like to know (if is not a problem for you to answer), if you take some "superfood" like curcuma or somethink like that, that may be helped you in your treatment.

Thanks again

Jualonso

Bubbles
              Participant

Yes, I think the ipi/nivo combo would be the best possible treatment now if you can find a place to get it…plain ipi next.  No.  Sorry.  No super food here.  Just basic regular stuff.  Though of all the "special" foods that supposedly help melanoma…curcumin is the only one that has data to support its effects when ingested.  Here's that study:

http://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/2014/02/for-melanomaeat-that-curryagain-we-just.html

Hope you find that ipi/nivo trial.  Plain nivo, Plain pembro, as well as the ipi/nivo combo are all available via expanded access programs here in the US…though finding access is not always as easy as we wish it to be.  (And the plain anti-PD1 eap's do require having failed ipi already!)

Hang in there!  Celeste

Bubbles
                Participant

Yes, I think the ipi/nivo combo would be the best possible treatment now if you can find a place to get it…plain ipi next.  No.  Sorry.  No super food here.  Just basic regular stuff.  Though of all the "special" foods that supposedly help melanoma…curcumin is the only one that has data to support its effects when ingested.  Here's that study:

http://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/2014/02/for-melanomaeat-that-curryagain-we-just.html

Hope you find that ipi/nivo trial.  Plain nivo, Plain pembro, as well as the ipi/nivo combo are all available via expanded access programs here in the US…though finding access is not always as easy as we wish it to be.  (And the plain anti-PD1 eap's do require having failed ipi already!)

Hang in there!  Celeste

Bubbles
                  Participant

Hang in there!  Celeste

jualonso
                    Participant

I think i will try to find a clinical trial pembro plus ipi or something like that, ot

Oherwise i will start with ipi asap, i want to take advantage of my low tumor burden.

I know you have a healthy free style, and i would like to know (if is not a problem for you to answer), if you take some "superfood" like curcuma or somethink like that, that may be helped you in your treatment.

Thanks again

Jualonso

jualonso
                      Participant

Thanks again

Jualonso

Bubbles
                      Participant

So sorry, Jualonso!!!  I know you have been very worried about this possibility.  I would probably go for the ipi.  It helps many.  As you noted, it is required for the expanded access to anti-PD1, which would still be available to you should you need it after the ipi.  However, it is not an easy decision to take, is it?  It is very personal for each of us, so whatever you decide I wish you my best.

Celeste

Bubbles
                        Participant

Celeste

Viewing 2 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics