The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Joslyn in Ottawa NED

Forums General Melanoma Community Joslyn in Ottawa NED

Participant

Hurray and thanks to God!

Now on to the oncologist to see what are the options and recommendations for me as a IIIa.

Hurray and thanks to God!

Now on to the oncologist to see what are the options and recommendations for me as a IIIa.

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        awg
        Participant

Great News!!

I am in the same boat and I am looking at interferon ,high dose for 30 days followed by 3 weekly injections for 11 months vs peg-interferon , single weekly injection. It seems options are limited for Stage 3. I know that others have chosen to watch and wait based on the side effects associated with interferon and the somewhat low success rate it offers, I believe it is between 3-10%

It has been a tough decision for me but I think I want to do everything I can to swing a few percentage point in my favor.

I see my Hemo-onc on 7-1.

Best Wishes.

Allen

awg
          Participant

Great News!!

I am in the same boat and I am looking at interferon ,high dose for 30 days followed by 3 weekly injections for 11 months vs peg-interferon , single weekly injection. It seems options are limited for Stage 3. I know that others have chosen to watch and wait based on the side effects associated with interferon and the somewhat low success rate it offers, I believe it is between 3-10%

It has been a tough decision for me but I think I want to do everything I can to swing a few percentage point in my favor.

I see my Hemo-onc on 7-1.

Best Wishes.

Allen

Carol Taylor
            Participant

Hallelujah and prayers for a wise decision that works for you!

Lord, in Your mercy, open doors. Thank You. Amen.

Grace and peace,

Carol

Carol Taylor
              Participant

Hallelujah and prayers for a wise decision that works for you!

Lord, in Your mercy, open doors. Thank You. Amen.

Grace and peace,

Carol

Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics