The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Jocelyn

Forums General Melanoma Community Jocelyn

Participant

Peter, a very long time waiter at DeMillo's rememered you and said you were always a hoot. Or was it a snoot?  🙂

Peter, a very long time waiter at DeMillo's rememered you and said you were always a hoot. Or was it a snoot?  🙂

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        Jocelyn
        Participant

Not sure who that is. Blonde? (or maybe gray or white or bald by now.) It has been over 30 years since I worked there, but I still know many among the staff and owners. Neither of the "Peters" I can remember ever waited on tables, though. Bartender and cook. You sure that was his name? Customers are always getting names wrong, plus in some restaurants they don't give out their real names. Alias on the name tag.

I am sure he said "hoot," though. Oh, and by the way, it is Dimillo's, not Demillo's.  It's a nice boat, but their food is nothing special. The other restaurants I worked in (both closed) had it all over the boat, foodwise. It's all in the atmosphere, I guess.

BillMFl
            Participant

When we pick visitors up at the airport we take them to xxMillos because its right in the middle of the old port area. And their mussels are some of the best anywhere. Lobster is lobster no matter where you go.Same for clams or haddock. I wouldn't drive all the way to Portland just to eat. Peter has only worked there 19 years. I didn't realize you were there so long ago. 30 years ago? Holy shit I was young adult. Not even 40. And Peter was in grade school. I forgot you was dat old. haha

BillMFl
              Participant

When we pick visitors up at the airport we take them to xxMillos because its right in the middle of the old port area. And their mussels are some of the best anywhere. Lobster is lobster no matter where you go.Same for clams or haddock. I wouldn't drive all the way to Portland just to eat. Peter has only worked there 19 years. I didn't realize you were there so long ago. 30 years ago? Holy shit I was young adult. Not even 40. And Peter was in grade school. I forgot you was dat old. haha

Jocelyn
              Participant

Not sure who that is. Blonde? (or maybe gray or white or bald by now.) It has been over 30 years since I worked there, but I still know many among the staff and owners. Neither of the "Peters" I can remember ever waited on tables, though. Bartender and cook. You sure that was his name? Customers are always getting names wrong, plus in some restaurants they don't give out their real names. Alias on the name tag.

I am sure he said "hoot," though. Oh, and by the way, it is Dimillo's, not Demillo's.  It's a nice boat, but their food is nothing special. The other restaurants I worked in (both closed) had it all over the boat, foodwise. It's all in the atmosphere, I guess.

Viewing 1 reply thread
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics