The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Japan

Participant

If any of you here, have family or friends in Japan that are going through this disaster, I pray that God keeps them safe.  I woke up to hear this news and immed went on SKYPE to see if Sister in Law (just back from her vacation time in Cambodia) was ok.  She lives in Kyoto (my deceased brothers wife) thank God she is ok.  Lives in Kyoto which is far enuff away and not near any major water.  I am also worried about the west coast of Vancouver Island which we here in Ontario have heard is being evacuated?   BC LINDA you ok?  PAT MAXWELL?  JOAN R?

If any of you here, have family or friends in Japan that are going through this disaster, I pray that God keeps them safe.  I woke up to hear this news and immed went on SKYPE to see if Sister in Law (just back from her vacation time in Cambodia) was ok.  She lives in Kyoto (my deceased brothers wife) thank God she is ok.  Lives in Kyoto which is far enuff away and not near any major water.  I am also worried about the west coast of Vancouver Island which we here in Ontario have heard is being evacuated?   BC LINDA you ok?  PAT MAXWELL?  JOAN R? anyone else?  also Hawaii guys and who all else.

Since No one seems to post here anymore,  (looks like its all me of late) I hope someone bothers to read. 

Even if to some I may get my words mixed up that is me!

Viewing 9 reply threads
    • Replies
        GS
        Participant

QE1–we had a two foot surge here about an hour ago.  They've shut down all shipping for the next four hours.  Fortunately I'm on the 4th floor so no harm here. 

Can you believe that I actually logged on???

GS
          Participant

QE1–we had a two foot surge here about an hour ago.  They've shut down all shipping for the next four hours.  Fortunately I'm on the 4th floor so no harm here. 

GS
            Participant

Janner
                Participant

I was wondering about you too, this morning, when I heard the reports of beach closures, etc.  Glad to hear you're ok!  Heard from Aloha Vickie and she, too, escaped damage other than sleep deprivation.

MM

Bonnie Lea
                  Participant

I also heard that yes some diehard surfers tried to get to the beaches in Hawaii to surf but were quickly turned away by coast guard, and police etc. 

Bonnie Lea
                    Participant

I also heard that yes some diehard surfers tried to get to the beaches in Hawaii to surf but were quickly turned away by coast guard, and police etc. 

Janner
                      Participant

I was wondering about you too, this morning, when I heard the reports of beach closures, etc.  Glad to hear you're ok!  Heard from Aloha Vickie and she, too, escaped damage other than sleep deprivation.

MM

GS
                      Participant

Bonnie Lea
                        Participant

Dear Dear QE2 kiss

OH MY WORD (for lack of a easier term)   GREAT to hear about your two foot surge.  I thought about you all up in your piers.  (and I don't mean PEERS as in peeping peers.

No I cannot believe you logged in.   GLORY BE halleeeeelooooooya   up to now I feel quite the shunned one.  (not just shunted one)  please continue to post. 

love you tons

QE1

Bonnie Lea
                          Participant

Dear Dear QE2 kiss

OH MY WORD (for lack of a easier term)   GREAT to hear about your two foot surge.  I thought about you all up in your piers.  (and I don't mean PEERS as in peeping peers.

No I cannot believe you logged in.   GLORY BE halleeeeelooooooya   up to now I feel quite the shunned one.  (not just shunted one)  please continue to post. 

love you tons

QE1

bcl
                            Participant

Tsunami alert was withdrawn for Vancouver Island.. so all ok here so far. We might need to worry about nuclear fallout next  – hopefully not though.

http://updatednews.ca/2011/03/11/japan-warns-of-radiation-leak-from-quake-hit-plants/

bcl
                              Participant

Tsunami alert was withdrawn for Vancouver Island.. so all ok here so far. We might need to worry about nuclear fallout next  – hopefully not though.

http://updatednews.ca/2011/03/11/japan-warns-of-radiation-leak-from-quake-hit-plants/

Bonnie Lea
                                Participant

Oh now I wake up to hear on CBC radio that 'the roof has blown off' the reactor in Japan. It was orig just a cooling problem and they would have to release vapour (radioactive)  now in relation to where my SIL lives I dunno.  Now there is a full blown explosion.  I must write her as all the lines on busy for phones it seems. What is going on with our dear planet? Linda, I am so glad that our coastal area including the USA coastal area was not bad.  Nor was Hawaii.  But from what I hear also it aint over yet? 

Off to have my morning coffee maybe that will ease my mind somewhat.

Bonnie Lea
                                  Participant

Oh now I wake up to hear on CBC radio that 'the roof has blown off' the reactor in Japan. It was orig just a cooling problem and they would have to release vapour (radioactive)  now in relation to where my SIL lives I dunno.  Now there is a full blown explosion.  I must write her as all the lines on busy for phones it seems. What is going on with our dear planet? Linda, I am so glad that our coastal area including the USA coastal area was not bad.  Nor was Hawaii.  But from what I hear also it aint over yet? 

Off to have my morning coffee maybe that will ease my mind somewhat.

Viewing 9 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics