The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

I’ve started a CDK 4/6 Dual Inhibitor Trial!

Forums General Melanoma Community I’ve started a CDK 4/6 Dual Inhibitor Trial!

Participant

My tumor is in a lymph node adjacent to my adrenal gland; got the results confirming metastatic malignancy 2 weeks ago and started the clinical trial this week.  I'm on the medication full time now and haven't had any side effects. I'm still struggling with the diagnosis because I don't feel sick.  I still fee funny going in the door to the treatment room because I'm thinking "I'm in here with the sick people!"  Anyone else on this kind of trial drug?

My tumor is in a lymph node adjacent to my adrenal gland; got the results confirming metastatic malignancy 2 weeks ago and started the clinical trial this week.  I'm on the medication full time now and haven't had any side effects. I'm still struggling with the diagnosis because I don't feel sick.  I still fee funny going in the door to the treatment room because I'm thinking "I'm in here with the sick people!"  Anyone else on this kind of trial drug?

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        rbruce
        Participant

I haven't heard of this trial.  What hospital/drug company is hosting the trial? Robert

tim duduit
            Participant

It is a study funded by Eli Lily Company and is being administered by the START cancer center here in San Antonio.

rbruce
              Participant

Tim,  can you share why your Dr. felt this was a good trial for you? Are you braf +?  My side effects on Anti-pd1 were non existant until my 6th infusion, then fatigue, muscle and bone pains set in, still very manageable. How often do you get the drug? Is it infusion or oral?  Any side effects yet?  When is your next pet/ct? Hope you have great results.  

Thanks!  Robert 

rbruce
                Participant

Tim,  can you share why your Dr. felt this was a good trial for you? Are you braf +?  My side effects on Anti-pd1 were non existant until my 6th infusion, then fatigue, muscle and bone pains set in, still very manageable. How often do you get the drug? Is it infusion or oral?  Any side effects yet?  When is your next pet/ct? Hope you have great results.  

Thanks!  Robert 

tim duduit
                  Participant

Robert, I am not BRAF+. My oncologist suggested the trial because the tumor is in a lymph node between the adrenal gland and my spine.  Surgery would be major and would leave me waiting for the next tumor.  The genetic analysis of my tumor showed that my tumor is positive for the CDKN2A and ATK3 mutations and would be suseptible to CDK4/6 inhibitors and AKT inhibitors.  So I began the trial for the CDK inhibitor last thursday using the drug Tarceva (currently approved for use in a certain type of lung and pancreatic cancer).  I take the drug orally morning and evening and I will take it for 8 weeks and then have a PET scan to see if the tumor responded.  If the tumor shirnks or stays the same size, I will continue to take the drug because there is a benefit.  If it has gotten bigger, then we will talk about switching me to the AKT inhibitor.  The study is funded by Eli Lily and there is no time limit as long as I'm recieving a benefit from one of the two drugs.  No side effects yet.  Good luck with your tumor, too.

abecker
                    Participant

I know I am coming in late to this discussion, but is that trial still ongoing and what was your experience with this drug.

abecker
                      Participant

I know I am coming in late to this discussion, but is that trial still ongoing and what was your experience with this drug.

abecker
                        Participant

tim duduit
                          Participant

Robert, I am not BRAF+. My oncologist suggested the trial because the tumor is in a lymph node between the adrenal gland and my spine.  Surgery would be major and would leave me waiting for the next tumor.  The genetic analysis of my tumor showed that my tumor is positive for the CDKN2A and ATK3 mutations and would be suseptible to CDK4/6 inhibitors and AKT inhibitors.  So I began the trial for the CDK inhibitor last thursday using the drug Tarceva (currently approved for use in a certain type of lung and pancreatic cancer).  I take the drug orally morning and evening and I will take it for 8 weeks and then have a PET scan to see if the tumor responded.  If the tumor shirnks or stays the same size, I will continue to take the drug because there is a benefit.  If it has gotten bigger, then we will talk about switching me to the AKT inhibitor.  The study is funded by Eli Lily and there is no time limit as long as I'm recieving a benefit from one of the two drugs.  No side effects yet.  Good luck with your tumor, too.

tim duduit
                            Participant

rbruce
                              Participant

Thanks!  Robert 

tim duduit
                                Participant

It is a study funded by Eli Lily Company and is being administered by the START cancer center here in San Antonio.

tim duduit
                                  Participant

rbruce
                                  Participant

I haven't heard of this trial.  What hospital/drug company is hosting the trial? Robert

rbruce
                                    Participant

Scuba Doc
                                      Participant

I have metastasized melanoma in the lungs with brain leasions ( had radiosurgery ) Starting a clinical trial       ( Dana Faber , Boston ) soon with the drug —LEE011 –by Novartis. Question —Has anyone had any experience with this drug as far as the severity of the side effects. I also have secondary progressive MS which makes me inelligible for many other clinical trials. —-ty —-Linda

Scuba Doc
                                        Participant

I have metastasized melanoma in the lungs with brain leasions ( had radiosurgery ) Starting a clinical trial       ( Dana Faber , Boston ) soon with the drug —LEE011 –by Novartis. Question —Has anyone had any experience with this drug as far as the severity of the side effects. I also have secondary progressive MS which makes me inelligible for many other clinical trials. —-ty —-Linda

Scuba Doc
                                          Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics