The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

its official

Forums General Melanoma Community its official

Participant

New study out from Manchester Univeristy (UK)  that all women should wear RED lipstick.  That a in depth study was done, and it seems that men spend more time looking at our mouths when they first meet us, and since time imemorial red has been the attraction.  back even in the egyptian days.

New study out from Manchester Univeristy (UK)  that all women should wear RED lipstick.  That a in depth study was done, and it seems that men spend more time looking at our mouths when they first meet us, and since time imemorial red has been the attraction.  back even in the egyptian days.

Now folks like me who are too old, and yet not old enough….missed that boat totally.  when I was deemed  old enough to wear some makeup, the look was veddy veddy 'mary quant (ish)  pale, sometimes even white makeup, and black black eyeliner, lashes and the eyes were it.  I did not like lipstick so went ala nothing….and still to this day.  I was not old enough to follow the likes of movie stars like Monroe, etc, but following in the footsteps of the 'British stuff'  beatles wives, girlfriends, etc.  all pale pink. 

too old now to start plus I do not have a connection with the lip plumper doctors……  so my lips  they have always been NUDE and thus do not have that ghost look that people like my mom who has worn lipstick forever, have.  No natural colour left.  I am always out of fashion and now it is a PROVEN thing.  Good thing I do not need to atttract men.  I have my own, whho would fall over backwards with shock bordering on dislike if I were to begin to wear makeup now, besides it would cake in me wrinkles, and I have no lashes on my earlid. 

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        bcl
        Participant

Hi Bonnie, I wore lipstick for a couple of years. Gave up, when like you I saw my mums need for it.  My daughters I and pretty much can't leave home without body shop hemp lip protector – the girl's lips look fantastic, mine are ok for a 50 year old:)  I don't know if I can believe that UK study (maybe it was funded by a cosmetics company lol)

bcl
          Participant

Hi Bonnie, I wore lipstick for a couple of years. Gave up, when like you I saw my mums need for it.  My daughters I and pretty much can't leave home without body shop hemp lip protector – the girl's lips look fantastic, mine are ok for a 50 year old:)  I don't know if I can believe that UK study (maybe it was funded by a cosmetics company lol)

dian in spokane
            Participant

yes well.. I saw how the average american woman eats about 9 lbs on lipstick over her lifetime..so I figure it's a GOOD thing I rarely wear it

bcl
                Participant

9 lbs eh .. perhaps they should come with calorie labels! 

Bonnie Lea
                  Participant

ewwwww I don't thinnk it is the same now, but long ago didn't it used to be made in part with whale parts?  When I learned that long long long  (oh so long ago)  it turned me off that kind of stuff.  Also had some demented  old old aunties that used to use it for ROUGE and made little clown circles, and of course the lips that were like  Betty Boop! dear old things.

Bonnie Lea
                    Participant

ewwwww I don't thinnk it is the same now, but long ago didn't it used to be made in part with whale parts?  When I learned that long long long  (oh so long ago)  it turned me off that kind of stuff.  Also had some demented  old old aunties that used to use it for ROUGE and made little clown circles, and of course the lips that were like  Betty Boop! dear old things.

bcl
                      Participant

9 lbs eh .. perhaps they should come with calorie labels! 

dian in spokane
                      Participant

yes well.. I saw how the average american woman eats about 9 lbs on lipstick over her lifetime..so I figure it's a GOOD thing I rarely wear it

Viewing 3 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics