The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Itchy rash – any recommendations?

Forums General Melanoma Community Itchy rash – any recommendations?

Participant
      Hi everyone!

I just started a clinical trial with Sarilumab in Combination with Ipilimumab, Nivolumab, and Relatlimab. I’m about a week in and just started to get the really itchy rash. I’ve got Zyrtec and Cortizone 10, but I’m still pretty itchy. Does anyone have any suggestions for something to try?

Also has anyone done any infrared sauna? Wondering if it might help the rash or make it worse?

Thank you for reading!

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        ed williams
        Participant
          There might be some data out there from similar clinical trial that Dr. Weber led looking at flip dose of Ipi+nivo plus 24 weeks of Tocilizumab (IL-6 drug similar to Sarilumab) this trial was reported at ESMO with some results. There may be some more IRAE side effect data out there to help. The addition of LAG-3 drug is different and very unique, kind of throwing the whole kitchen sink at things. https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/963744?form=fpf&scode=msp&st=fpf&socialSite=google&icd=login_success_gg_match_fpf
          luvnlyf
          Participant
            I appreciate your response, I’ll take a look at that. Most of the rash has gone, I just have one area with the rash currently. It might be my imagination, but it does seem like the Sarilumab might be helping with some side effects.
        Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics