The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Itching mole

Forums General Melanoma Community Itching mole

Participant
      I’m currently watching a mole on my shoulder blade. Last night I had itching in the area only once and when I looked in the mirror it was the mole. It hasn’t inched since.

My question is would melanoma itch more constantly or is once of itching still a concern? I just find it weird that the only itching spot was a 3mm mope on the whole of my back

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        jennunicorn
        Participant

Moles can itch. Seborrheic keratosis itch. Other types of skin lesions itch. Doesn't automatically mean that because it is itching it must be melanoma. Not all melanoma itch. 

If it worries you, take a picture, watch for change, if it changes over the next month or two, go see a dermatologist. 

Kare83
            Participant
              I have a lot of molesand they tend to get abit itchy if they dry out, mostly in winter. The texture can alsobecome a little scaley from drying out.
              Kare83
              Participant
                I have a lot of molesand they tend to get abit itchy if they dry out, mostly in winter. The texture can alsobecome a little scaley from drying out.
                Kare83
                Participant
                jennunicorn
                Participant

Moles can itch. Seborrheic keratosis itch. Other types of skin lesions itch. Doesn't automatically mean that because it is itching it must be melanoma. Not all melanoma itch. 

If it worries you, take a picture, watch for change, if it changes over the next month or two, go see a dermatologist. 

jennunicorn
                  Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics