The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

itchiness and swelling

Forums General Melanoma Community itchiness and swelling

Participant

He does have mets in his liver, bone (ribs), one in kidney, and muscle, and I a few other places.  He has ct and mri coming up and was just taken off of P13K and Mek trial because of cv levels in blood (muscle breakdown). He needs a 28 day wash out period for ipi, it has been 10 days already, so nervous about waiting the next 18 days and waht can happen.  Next plan is TIL in Washington at NCI. Mentally and emotionally it is taking its toll. 

He does have mets in his liver, bone (ribs), one in kidney, and muscle, and I a few other places.  He has ct and mri coming up and was just taken off of P13K and Mek trial because of cv levels in blood (muscle breakdown). He needs a 28 day wash out period for ipi, it has been 10 days already, so nervous about waiting the next 18 days and waht can happen.  Next plan is TIL in Washington at NCI. Mentally and emotionally it is taking its toll. 

I know I don't want to hear these answers but Derek has some unexplained swelling in his wirst and forearm.  He has nerve issues in this arm and it is also where he has had numerous surgeries.   He also has been incredibly itchy all over – anybody have this coming off a treatment?

Thank-you so much,

Terra

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        emilypen
        Participant

Hey Terra,

Jason had swelling in one arm ( the arm that had had lymphnodes removed way back at the beginning) and was incredibly itchy. So much so that he was keeping me up at night. That was one of the reasons they took him off the same drugs Derek is on. It took 3 weeks for the rash and swelling to clear and that was with prednisone and cortisone.

I would give Karen a call and see if they can give Derek something to help.

Hope that helps, keep us posted on the TIL or IPI.

thanks,

Em

Terra
            Participant

Thanks Emily we will give Karen a call.  I hope things are going well for you both – will let you know what the plan is as soon weknow – thanks so much 

Terra
              Participant

Thanks Emily we will give Karen a call.  I hope things are going well for you both – will let you know what the plan is as soon weknow – thanks so much 

emilypen
              Participant

Hey Terra,

Jason had swelling in one arm ( the arm that had had lymphnodes removed way back at the beginning) and was incredibly itchy. So much so that he was keeping me up at night. That was one of the reasons they took him off the same drugs Derek is on. It took 3 weeks for the rash and swelling to clear and that was with prednisone and cortisone.

I would give Karen a call and see if they can give Derek something to help.

Hope that helps, keep us posted on the TIL or IPI.

thanks,

Em

Viewing 1 reply thread
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics