The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Is this subungual melanoma?

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Is this subungual melanoma?

Participant

I'm a 20 year old Asian male. Three days ago, I noticed a single very faint brown line on my right index finger. Its width is probably 1 mm. Its very faint that when you look at it at different angles, it seems that it disappears. I also noticed a super slight ridge (I'm not sure how to call it) on top of this discoloration. However whenever I put a bright light underneath my index finger, I can't see any discoloration/dark spot/line both on the nail itself and the cuticle.

Just additional information, I'm skin type IV, no history of melanoma (or any other type of skin cancer) in the family that I know of, and currently it only appears on my index finger.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        jennunicorn
        Participant

The only person that can give you an answer to this is a dermatologist. It could be a number of other things, make a dermatology appointment and get it checked out.

Best,

Viewing 0 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics