The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Is pink nodular melanoma ever soft and not visually growing?

Forums General Melanoma Community Is pink nodular melanoma ever soft and not visually growing?

Participant
      Hello. Had a new raised mole develop on my scalp, along with 5 or so other growths develop on the scalp within a short time. Im 32 M. I just had a biopsy a couple weeks ago and get results this coming Friday. Meanwhile I’m on meds because I am terrified. What really scares me is that my right jaw has been seemingly “swollen” the past few weeks and has been in pain. This is close to the first mole that developed above my right ear. I also recently developed swollen nodes in my right neck. But this may be because I took off the mole myself. Yes, I am an idiot and out of desperation I used acv to burn off the mole.

This is not the specific mole that was biopsied, my derm took off the newest growth because they were “all related”. So I said what the heck and did it. Yes, really stupid. Now here I have to pray that the swollen lymph nodes in my neck were from me being an idiot and taking the mole off with a home remedy. It’s still scabbed up and healing. Now the painful jaw? I have no idea. Diagnosed as tmj, but my mind doubts it.

So….

What I really wanted to know is can pink or amelanotic nodular melanoma develop randomly and not change for 8-10 months since developing? Can it also not be firm? Mine was say about a little less than a staples width and maybe the height of half a pencil eraser. It is pink only and moves around when touched. The first derm I went to was super confident it was a benign mole even though I showed him all the other growths that had been popping up. I’m just really concerned with everything that has been happening along with it. Not only pain, but fatigue and night sweats. Very concerning.

Just everything I see on google says “firm… growing” Just want to know.

Thank you. You guys are awesome.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        ThinkingPositive
        Participant
          Hi Skip,
          Melanoma can look different than the classic poster on the wall of the exam room. Also, there are so many different kinds of lesions, many benign. So, two more days to wait for biopsy results! In the mean time, breathe! We can get ourselves worked up when facing the unknown. You could also see your dentist about the jaw pain and the lymph nodes in the neck.
          Best wishes for a good outcome, Cindy
      Viewing 0 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics