The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Is PD-1 the way to go-Opinion/Advice

Forums General Melanoma Community Is PD-1 the way to go-Opinion/Advice

Participant

Thanks for all who responded to my previous post.  You all are great !!!!!!  I am going to talk with my brother this weekend about the PD1 trials.  It will not be easy.  I have not finished his profile yet….Don't have time to eat lately…He is stage IV as of feb. 2012.  dx. 2/2009 stage III 3a. prim. acral left heel.

Thanks for all who responded to my previous post.  You all are great !!!!!!  I am going to talk with my brother this weekend about the PD1 trials.  It will not be easy.  I have not finished his profile yet….Don't have time to eat lately…He is stage IV as of feb. 2012.  dx. 2/2009 stage III 3a. prim. acral left heel.

Mult. surgeries.  SNL, groin dissect.  left pelvic wall mass removed.  Mets to lung, nodes, left. femur, and monster abd. tumor. This is the one thats the big issue.  Failed yervoy…12/2011.  HAd temdor, abraxane, carbo and nexavar….some imporvement with lung mets but not the abdominal monster. 

All opinions and advice again appreciated.  Think Pd-1 is the way to go.  Just need some more advice/comments before I go to the judge….my brother.

Thank you all !!!!!!!!

Susan

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        killmel
        Participant

Hi Susan,

I am a little confused. Many people posted their opinions regarding PD1 from your last post:

http://www.melanoma.org/community/mpip-melanoma-patients-information-page/pd-1-trial-questions

Are you looking for more opinions regarding PD1?  of different opinions about PD1

May I suggest that you share this forum with your brotther so he can read opinions regarding PD1. I think that if your brother has specific questions regarding PD1, he/you should post them.

Anonymous

killmel
          Participant

Hi Susan,

I am a little confused. Many people posted their opinions regarding PD1 from your last post:

http://www.melanoma.org/community/mpip-melanoma-patients-information-page/pd-1-trial-questions

Are you looking for more opinions regarding PD1?  of different opinions about PD1

May I suggest that you share this forum with your brotther so he can read opinions regarding PD1. I think that if your brother has specific questions regarding PD1, he/you should post them.

Anonymous

killmel
            Participant

Hi Susan,

Anonymous

JerryfromFauq
              Participant

It does appear that PD-1 is the most likely item currently in clinical trials that will have at least a quick nearterm beneficial effect on many people with lower side-effects than many other treatments.  If quality of life is one f your brothers major concerns, I cana understand his caution about many of the chemo/immunotherapy trials.  I turned down some possible treatments in my past and went for what, to me seemed to provide the shortest bad side-effects and the longest good quality of life benefits.  At this point, I certainly consider PD-1 trials to be a future option if I need it.

JerryfromFauq
                Participant

It does appear that PD-1 is the most likely item currently in clinical trials that will have at least a quick nearterm beneficial effect on many people with lower side-effects than many other treatments.  If quality of life is one f your brothers major concerns, I cana understand his caution about many of the chemo/immunotherapy trials.  I turned down some possible treatments in my past and went for what, to me seemed to provide the shortest bad side-effects and the longest good quality of life benefits.  At this point, I certainly consider PD-1 trials to be a future option if I need it.

JerryfromFauq
                  Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics