The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Is my Money in Heaven

Forums General Melanoma Community Is my Money in Heaven

Participant

http://www.newyorker.com/archive/2000/05/15/2000_05_15_049_TNY_LIBRY_000020830

The above is the original link to to "What Happened to My money" 

Below is a copy of the article I think it is funny as Hell from the New Yorker "As we all know a left wing liberal rag"

http://www.newyorker.com/archive/2000/05/15/2000_05_15_049_TNY_LIBRY_000020830

The above is the original link to to "What Happened to My money" 

Below is a copy of the article I think it is funny as Hell from the New Yorker "As we all know a left wing liberal rag"

WHAT HAPPENED TO MY MONEY?

by David OwenMAY 15, 2000

od has taken your money to live with Him in Heaven. Heaven is a special, wonderful place, where wars and diseases and stock markets do not exist, only happiness. You have probably seen some wonderful places in your life—perhaps during a vacation, or on television, or in a movie—but Heaven is a million billion times more wonderful than even Disney World. Jesus and Mary and the angels live in Heaven, and so do your grandparents and your old pets and Abraham Lincoln. Your money will be safe and happy in Heaven forever and ever, and God will always take care of it.

Your money is still your money—it will always be your money—but it cannot come back to you, not ever. That may seem unfair to you. One day you were buying puts and shorting straddles, and the next day you woke up to find that your account had been closed forever. Perhaps you got a sick or empty feeling in your stomach when that happened; perhaps you have that sick or empty feeling still. You loved your money very, very much, and you did not want God to take it away.

Your feelings are natural and normal—they are a part of the way God made you—but God took your money in accordance with His wonderful plan, which is not for us to know or understand. You must trust God and have faith that He loves your money just as He loves you and every other part of His creation. Someday—probably a very, very long time from now, after you have lived a long and happy life in compliance with the nation’s securities laws—God will take you to live with Him in Heaven, too. Then you will understand.

Even though your money is gone forever, it can still be a part of your life. As long as love and kindness and happiness dwell in your heart, your money can dwell there, too. At night, before you go to sleep, you can talk to your money in a prayer. You can think about the B.M.W. that you and your money were going to buy, and you can remember the house on the beach that you and your money were going to build, and you can laugh about your funny old plan to send your children to private colleges. Someday, when you no longer feel as sad as you do today, you may even find that thinking about your money can give you some of the same happy feelings that spending your money used to give you.

Those feelings belong to you and they always will; no one can take them away from you. Even when you are very, very old, you will still be able to think about your money and remember how much you loved it. But you will still not be able to spend your money, or even borrow against it. 

SHOUTS & MURMURS, “WHAT HAPPENED TO MY MONEY?,” THE NEW YORKER, MAY 15, 2000, P. 49

To get more of The New Yorker's signature mix of politics, culture and the arts:

Read more http://www.newyorker.com/archive/2000/05/15/2000_05_15_049_TNY_LIBRY_000020830#ixzz1CHDkvUlD

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        LV
        Participant

Ha! Very funny!  So, it WAS God's intervention.

LV
          Participant

Ha! Very funny!  So, it WAS God's intervention.

Kimmer
            Participant

I shorted the YM (Dow Fututres e-mini) and got a bunch of my money back from Heaven today.   Still plenty There for that beach house though.

Y'all take good care.

K.

(That article is too funny!)

Kimmer
              Participant

I shorted the YM (Dow Fututres e-mini) and got a bunch of my money back from Heaven today.   Still plenty There for that beach house though.

Y'all take good care.

K.

(That article is too funny!)

Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics