The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Is MEK combo resistant?

Forums General Melanoma Community Is MEK combo resistant?

Participant
      I have been on MEK combo for 16 months and my last scan was in April and showing regression of tumors. This past week I have been having low grade fever and body aches, I haven’t had this but one time when I first started meds. The pharmacist said it was rare that people development side effects this late on the meds. Does anyone have any experience with this? Or if it stopped working for you, how did you find out. My next scan isn’t until April and I am concerned we shouldn’t wait that long. I appreciate any feedback you can offer.
    Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        jennunicorn
        Participant

Are you only getting scanned once a year? Not sure if that is normal, seems like most on treatment of any kind are getting scanned at least every 6 months. Definitely understand not wanting to wait that long for another scan, I'd talk to your oncologist about getting more frequent scans.

rabbits68
            Participant
              I have been doing so well and my oncologist wants to spare me the radiation and contrast. I was having them every 4 months until mek was showing good regression. I will see him and ask about a sooner scan date for my peace of mind. Thank you for the response.
              rabbits68
              Participant
                I have been doing so well and my oncologist wants to spare me the radiation and contrast. I was having them every 4 months until mek was showing good regression. I will see him and ask about a sooner scan date for my peace of mind. Thank you for the response.
                rabbits68
                Participant
                jennunicorn
                Participant

Are you only getting scanned once a year? Not sure if that is normal, seems like most on treatment of any kind are getting scanned at least every 6 months. Definitely understand not wanting to wait that long for another scan, I'd talk to your oncologist about getting more frequent scans.

jennunicorn
                  Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics