The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Ippy and Lump question

Forums General Melanoma Community Ippy and Lump question

Participant

A little back ground – Stage three mel. Male 52yrs. Original date Jan/07left groin, localized reoccurence May/09. Completely lymphandectomy June/09

I have been on the Anti-CTLA4 trial since Oct/09. For the last couple of months, I have had this "feeling" under my right breast where I would find myself holding the area but never felt a lump or anything. I had my last clinical day/treatment at the end of this Oct. at which time I reported that I had felt small lumps under my left arm/breast area.

A little back ground – Stage three mel. Male 52yrs. Original date Jan/07left groin, localized reoccurence May/09. Completely lymphandectomy June/09

I have been on the Anti-CTLA4 trial since Oct/09. For the last couple of months, I have had this "feeling" under my right breast where I would find myself holding the area but never felt a lump or anything. I had my last clinical day/treatment at the end of this Oct. at which time I reported that I had felt small lumps under my left arm/breast area.

Onocologist said, "it could be the ippy, so we best watch it". (I don't see him for another 3 months and he is 700km away)

two weeks after seeing him, this large lump came up below my right breast (area I was holding) it came up over 2-4 days. I waited a week because I thought it could be something else (maybe being optimistic:)) then saw my dr who arranged for an ultrasound…that ball is rolling but slowly.

What I want to know is if anyone else on ippy has has swelling in the breast area? My lump is not hurting but now (week later) I have a very sore spot to the left of my nipple and when I breath it becomes more pronnouced. More like a big ache. The lump below is very hard.

Because of where I live, it only makes sense to wait til the ultrasound and then go from there. I'm just wondering what others have found.

Thanks in advance

Mike

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        jolainajo
        Participant

Hi Mike, I have stage 4 and have been through the mill of tests. treatments and you name it. My melanoma always starts out like you are describing, Large lumps that sometimes hurts and are rollable. I think that is what you have, a subcutaneous lump of melanoma, You should follow up though, but my experience is the ultrasound will reveal not much and they will want to biopsy it to find out further, I hope that it is nothing, but from what you are describing, it sounds like the ones I get. I also just had my first infusion with ipi. Well, good luck to you.. If you ever need to talk let me know.. Jolaina

mcallan
            Participant

Thanks for the input. I appreciate any experiences that people have. This disease seems to be such a mystery, even to the dr's.

I get more, "I'm not sure"' responses from drs than anything else. Its also quite hard to sit and wait for a test when something like this has come up.

mcallan
              Participant

Thanks for the input. I appreciate any experiences that people have. This disease seems to be such a mystery, even to the dr's.

I get more, "I'm not sure"' responses from drs than anything else. Its also quite hard to sit and wait for a test when something like this has come up.

jolainajo
              Participant

Hi Mike, I have stage 4 and have been through the mill of tests. treatments and you name it. My melanoma always starts out like you are describing, Large lumps that sometimes hurts and are rollable. I think that is what you have, a subcutaneous lump of melanoma, You should follow up though, but my experience is the ultrasound will reveal not much and they will want to biopsy it to find out further, I hope that it is nothing, but from what you are describing, it sounds like the ones I get. I also just had my first infusion with ipi. Well, good luck to you.. If you ever need to talk let me know.. Jolaina

Viewing 1 reply thread
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics