The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Ipi side effects

Forums General Melanoma Community Ipi side effects

Participant

I just had my second infusion of 10 mg/kg ipi last Tuesday.  After my first infusion, I had very few side effects.. just a tiny bit of itchiness and very sporadic diarrhea.  Almost immediately after my second infusion, I developed a rash on the inside of my arm and I have been itching all over my body pretty much non-stop.  I know this is a fairly common side effect, so I'm not worried about it.  However, I was taking a shower yesterday in lukewarm water.  For some reason, my hands started feeling like they were on fire.. maybe nerve issues?  Is this something I should report to my doctor?  

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        Brendan
        Participant

Hi Heidi,

Sorry to hear about your hands.  I think anything 'strange' should be reported to you oncologist.  Good luck.

Brendan

arthurjedi007
            Participant

Yes report it to your Dr I would think. Also at 10mg you must be in a trial or non USA I would think because 3mg per kg is all I could get here. So definitely at that dosage I would believe you should report anything unusual.

arthurjedi007
              Participant

Yes report it to your Dr I would think. Also at 10mg you must be in a trial or non USA I would think because 3mg per kg is all I could get here. So definitely at that dosage I would believe you should report anything unusual.

arthurjedi007
                Participant

Brendan
                Participant

Hi Heidi,

Sorry to hear about your hands.  I think anything 'strange' should be reported to you oncologist.  Good luck.

Brendan

Brendan
                  Participant

Hi Heidi,

Brendan

Rocco
                    Participant

Hi Heidi –

I would encourage you to report all of these symptoms.  I was on 10mg/kg years ago when Ipi was in a Phase III trial prior to it going FDA approved at 3mg.  It's worth keeping your doctor/your medical team up to date on all of your symptoms.

Wishing you well with Ipi!

Rocco, IV since 2005, NED thanks to Ipi

Rocco
                      Participant

Hi Heidi –

I would encourage you to report all of these symptoms.  I was on 10mg/kg years ago when Ipi was in a Phase III trial prior to it going FDA approved at 3mg.  It's worth keeping your doctor/your medical team up to date on all of your symptoms.

Rocco
                        Participant

Hi Heidi –

Marianne quinn
                          Participant

Hi Heidi- I was wondering how you were doing. . My husband is getting his fourth 10 mg ipi tomorrow . Start taking Benadryl  now for the rash. He stopped for a couple of days and diarrhea started. He still has the rash but it is not too bothersome with taking the Benadryl daily. He had some bad bouts of abdominal pain after the 3 rd dose. We discovered he cannot have milk or ice cream  although cheese and yogurt are fine.  I hope you have some immodium on hand too because you should jump on the diarrhea quickly if you get it. 

he is really doing well. I didn't mean to scare you. His labs are all normal and no GI problems since stopping  milk.  He has had a warm feeling on his arm but it has lessened.. I will be so glad when this infduction phase is over.

Marianne quinn
                            Participant

Hi Heidi- I was wondering how you were doing. . My husband is getting his fourth 10 mg ipi tomorrow . Start taking Benadryl  now for the rash. He stopped for a couple of days and diarrhea started. He still has the rash but it is not too bothersome with taking the Benadryl daily. He had some bad bouts of abdominal pain after the 3 rd dose. We discovered he cannot have milk or ice cream  although cheese and yogurt are fine.  I hope you have some immodium on hand too because you should jump on the diarrhea quickly if you get it. 

he is really doing well. I didn't mean to scare you. His labs are all normal and no GI problems since stopping  milk.  He has had a warm feeling on his arm but it has lessened.. I will be so glad when this infduction phase is over.

Marianne quinn
                              Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics