The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

IPI reults

Forums General Melanoma Community IPI reults

Participant

I would love to hear from others that have done the IPI / Yervoy………I don't seem to be getting any straight answer from my Dr. at seattle cancer care alliance.  I had had 3 infusions of IPI with no side effects, my blood look good, I did end up having to do some some gamma knife for some new brain tumors that we not there at the beginning and doc ad scca thought if may be the IPI swelling the up, so thing had been going well and I went in for my 4th infusion on the 5th of july and everything was fine.

I would love to hear from others that have done the IPI / Yervoy………I don't seem to be getting any straight answer from my Dr. at seattle cancer care alliance.  I had had 3 infusions of IPI with no side effects, my blood look good, I did end up having to do some some gamma knife for some new brain tumors that we not there at the beginning and doc ad scca thought if may be the IPI swelling the up, so thing had been going well and I went in for my 4th infusion on the 5th of july and everything was fine.  since then I have had severe headaches, tried to call the gamma knife doctor starting on a Thursday, called again on Friday, no response, they finally called on Monday, remember I have had  really bad head aches since Monday, and so the told me wait a couple days and call my GP???  What are they nuts?  So sccs and they gave a prescp. for antibiotics for sinus infections, after that I was so week I could barely function at all.  

Called scca on got in for MRI on Tuesday , more tumors, doc things I need more radiation and chemo for my brain.  I am only at week 11 for IPI and amyholding  out hope IPI may still work.

What sort of side effects did you have thru your treatment and what where your results, good or bad………..I need answers from patient not doctors……..please let me know you experience,,,,,,,,thank you so much.

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        lhaley
        Participant

You posted on the off topic board. THis board use to be active but isn't looked at very often. Go to the main page and post again. Hopefully you will get some answers.  I have never used ipi and can't comment.

I will say that I would be very upset with my Dr for taking so long to respond!

Wishing you the best and a delayed response,

Linda

lhaley
          Participant

You posted on the off topic board. THis board use to be active but isn't looked at very often. Go to the main page and post again. Hopefully you will get some answers.  I have never used ipi and can't comment.

I will say that I would be very upset with my Dr for taking so long to respond!

Wishing you the best and a delayed response,

Linda

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics