The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Ipi plans are set

Forums General Melanoma Community Ipi plans are set

Participant

Hi everyone,

Hi everyone,

First of all, I've recovered well from the mastectomy. Stitches and staples came out last Thurs, and the drain came out on Sat. I'm still in bandages, but that's no big deal. I'm out and about as usual, going up to the cabin on weekends, and riding the quad. I have to wait a few more weeks for my prosthetic breast, but in the meantime, I have an insert for my bra, compliments of my friend Linda at the Home Health Care store. I asked her if she had anything better than the 4 pairs of socks I had stuffed in my bra, so she fixed me up. LOL!! 

Anyway, all my plans are in place for the Ipilimumab treatment. Jim and I are heading to Montreal on Monday evening (13th). I have bloodwork, EKG, CT scan and appointment with Dr Mihalcioiu on Tues, Orientation for treatment on Wed morning, then we head home that evening. 

Back up again for the actual treatment on the 23rd — fly up on the 22nd, treatment on the 23rd, then home that evening. The treatment is given via IV for 90 minutes. I have to go back every 3 weeks for 12 weeks, then we stop for scans and see how I'm responding, and go from there — either another 12 week run, or maintenance of one treatment every 3 months.

No need to respond. Just wanted to update you. BTW, our vacation plans fell by the wayside. Things got too busy at work for Jim, so all he can take off are the few days he's in Montreal with me. Bummer! :>(

Hugs

Sharyn

Stage IV

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        Linda/Kentucky
        Participant

Sharyn,

Lots of luck with the Ipi treatment.  Sounds like you are keeping your head up and pressing on.  I pray that the Ipi is the magic bullet for you and all those who take it.  My husband (stage IV) and I are waiting until Oct 5th when he goes back for his 3 month scans following Ipi, has been really hard waiting but in a way good sort of out of site, out of mind.  The 12 week scans were so-so not any new ones but increased size which is not surprising.  We have not done any maintance dose yet but I guess after the scans next month we will go from there. 

Take care and continue to keep us posted.  Again good luck with Ipi and the side effects.  It's kind of strange you don't want the side effects but then again you do because it may let you know it's working.

Linda/Kentucky

Linda/Kentucky
          Participant

Sharyn,

Lots of luck with the Ipi treatment.  Sounds like you are keeping your head up and pressing on.  I pray that the Ipi is the magic bullet for you and all those who take it.  My husband (stage IV) and I are waiting until Oct 5th when he goes back for his 3 month scans following Ipi, has been really hard waiting but in a way good sort of out of site, out of mind.  The 12 week scans were so-so not any new ones but increased size which is not surprising.  We have not done any maintance dose yet but I guess after the scans next month we will go from there. 

Take care and continue to keep us posted.  Again good luck with Ipi and the side effects.  It's kind of strange you don't want the side effects but then again you do because it may let you know it's working.

Linda/Kentucky

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics