The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Ipi/Nivo

Forums General Melanoma Community Ipi/Nivo

Participant
      Looking for information on the range of clinical   conditions when the Ipi/Nivo combo is most effective. Can’t find the relevant data.

Tim

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        ed williams
        Participant
          Hi Tim, if you look at the information reported from checkmate 067, the phase 3 trial of ipi+ nivo and go into tables and graphs you will find some information. The bottom line on winners and loser when it comes to response is still the holly grail of trying to find biomarkers in melanoma. Tumor burden or  total volume,LDH, location of tumors and Braf status all have some information, but I have never heard any of the experts in the field state that they know for sure who will respond to the combination. If your tumors have been removed then samples of tumor can be screened for presence of infiltration of TIL CD8 t-cells. The presence of TIL’s is associated with better responses, oncologist’s refer to tumors as being hot or cold based on TIL’s being present. here is a link to article on 5 year survival data from checkmate 067. https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejmoa1910836
          tim brown
          Participant
            Thanks Ed- I was aware that lack of accurate  predictive bio markers is the Achilles heel of melanoma oncology (Dr Jason Luke is big on this, I believe).
            Much as I appreciate the treatment I’ve received here in England, I’m not sure my team did a great job on the histo-pathology side. After my first op (axilla excision – I am MUP) the pathology analysis was focused on BRAF testing and staging info. Similarly, after I progressed 8 months after adjuvant pembro, there was no detailed analysis of the TME. Ditto Op. 3 in early August 2021.
            I think it was Celeste who mentioned that low tumour burden was a useful indicator of efficacy and I wondered whether that was plain common sense or has been reported in a clinical setting?
            Bubbles
            Participant
              Hey Tim,

There is data.  Here is a variety of reports that address many factors regarding response to immunotherapy that may interest you ~ https://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/search?q=tumor+burden

c

ed williams
              Participant
                Not sure if you have scene the following video links before, what I find of use is the research is trying to find drug or drug combination to overcome resistance (primary or acquired) looking at pathology reports of tumor tissue is important but is only being performed in the research setting and not as standard of care. Celeste gave you a ton of information and I don’t have anything specific on tumor burden (study results) I have read many times over the years that tumor volume and location is a negative indicator. Good luck!!!Ed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIft8dxrfjw    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wAUkQdTt1g&list=PLOnM_erAQqIBj54P2wviZ3WxV_okkn58Y
            Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics