The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

IPI/NIVO

Forums General Melanoma Community IPI/NIVO

Participant
      Hope this combo works. Took my second infusion yesterday. So far, I have a rash, cluster headaches and now they told me my thyroid is dying. The oncologist said only chemo is next with more immunotherapy or clinical trials. My scans will be in mid to late November. Just providing a status update. Love all of warriors

Trent

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        Johnjk04
        Participant
          Trent, you got this in your back pocket. The Ippi / Nivo is taking care of business. Unfortunately you will never learn of the joy of chemotherapy.
            THMoore
            Participant
              Thanks John for the vote of confidence. I really need something to go my way.

Trent

Johnjk04
              Participant
                Trent, loss of thyroid, no big deal. I lost the thyroid, adrenal and pituitary glands during my treatments. Two pills a day, all set. I take the synthroid at bedtime, keeps me from snacking in the evening. This is going your way, I’d say that you have a full house in 5 card poker.
              sks2019
              Participant
                Good Luck Trent ! Hope IPI/Nivo is killing it .
                  Daisy2018
                  Participant
                    Drink lots of water. Hopefully it will help with headaches.
                  gregor913
                  Participant
                    I took ippi 10mg. Had really bad rashes. Goat milk soap helps with that. 5 years later I’m doing well.
                    sing123
                    Participant
                      Wow, Trent, seems like we are on a similar timeline but you may be already done and I am on an extended rollercoaster of having gotten my first infusion and then having to take a steroid due to brain swelling and then another steroid (for 33 days!) due to late onset reactions to the first combo. I was supposed to have had 3 infusions by now. You may be done and cancer free! Fingers crossed for you.
                        THMoore
                        Participant
                          Miss Cindy, I am sorry you are having to stop your infusion temporarily. Main thing is, get everything under control then start back up. Besides the rash, what else is happening? Mine so far is serious rash and thyroid. You will get through this. Just hang tough. Sending hugs and prayers your way.
                    Viewing 3 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics