The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Ipi

Participant

Getting my first Ipi infusion today at Moffitt, here is hoping there are not too many side effects

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        Gene_S
        Participant

Good luck to you.  Usually with the first infusion there are not many side effects and sometimes none at all.

Judy (loving wife of Gene Stage IV and now NED after Clinical trial with Ipi and GM-CSF)

Gene_S
          Participant

Good luck to you.  Usually with the first infusion there are not many side effects and sometimes none at all.

Judy (loving wife of Gene Stage IV and now NED after Clinical trial with Ipi and GM-CSF)

Gene_S
            Participant

arthurjedi007
              Participant

Good luck. I was very scared and worried about taking ipi but not anymore. It was way easier than I thought. I had my 4th and final ipi yesterday. For me the side affects have been mild. The Dr liked that I had a rash and itching because she said it meant it let her know the ipi is working. Just make sure to call them about your side affects. They told me to call if anything lasts more than a day or 2 or immediately if severe but I'm sure your Dr told you their protocol which may be different.

arthurjedi007
                Participant

Good luck. I was very scared and worried about taking ipi but not anymore. It was way easier than I thought. I had my 4th and final ipi yesterday. For me the side affects have been mild. The Dr liked that I had a rash and itching because she said it meant it let her know the ipi is working. Just make sure to call them about your side affects. They told me to call if anything lasts more than a day or 2 or immediately if severe but I'm sure your Dr told you their protocol which may be different.

arthurjedi007
                  Participant

Julie in SoCal
                    Participant

I just had my first infusion last week and it was fairly easy!  I've had a bit of fatigue, and a touch of nausea that went away fairly quickly, but aside from this, Ipi's been easy.

Trust you'll find it easy too, and that it will be the cure for you!

Blessings!

Julie

Julie in SoCal
                      Participant

I just had my first infusion last week and it was fairly easy!  I've had a bit of fatigue, and a touch of nausea that went away fairly quickly, but aside from this, Ipi's been easy.

Blessings!

Julie

Julie in SoCal
                        Participant

Blessings!

Julie

Viewing 8 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics