The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Injections for nodes on neck?

Forums General Melanoma Community Injections for nodes on neck?

Participant

Scans this week revealed two nodes in my neck positive for melanoma.

For treatment, we’re discussing:
      1. Lymph node removal (This would be neck surgery #3 in 15 months. Bleh!)
      2. Adding Ipi to current Nivo
      3. A series of injections with electroporation and Pembro (clinical trial “Pisces”)
      4. A series of injections without electroporation and without Nivo or Pembro or Ipi

Has anyone done #3 or #4? Results? Side effects? Other comments? I’m particularly queeeeeeasy about the electroporation.

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        Bradley75
        Participant

I start TVEC on the 20th of December for a lymph node in my neck.  I was sold by the 60% response rate and the no surgery or radiation.  It may not work, but anything is better than more surgery.  TVEC is also an injection.  I am not familiar with the term or process of electroporation.  Just thought I would share about TVEC.  It sounds like quite a weapon against the beast that is mel.

-Brad

lkb
            Participant

Brad, thank you for responding. You have certainly been through it with Mel; I share your hobby.  I'm going to ask my docs about TVEC, particularly since it's an approved treatment, rather than a study.  A 60% success rate certainly sounds better than the 30% referenced for the Pisces study. Thanks again. I sure hope TVEC wipes out the lymph node problem for you. Sending luck, luck, luck your way. Standing by for your postings.

HeidiZ
            Participant

My story is somewhat similar to yours.  Primary on my scalp May 2015 removed with (2) sentinel nodes and 1 node had a protein in it that melanoma makes.  Staged 3A, progressed 6 months later so had major surgery on neck and had 55 lymph nodes removed, 5 came back positive.  Reoccured with cancer returning to my scars in neck again, quick surgery again but then Doctor said I was eligible for stage iv drugs.  They were going to start me on keytruda but then my scan showed lesions all over my liver, spleen etc. so they started me on ippi/nivo.  I tolerated all 4 doses and have been doing well since. Heidi

lkb
                Participant

Heidi, thank you for responding. Congratulations for tolerating all four ipi-nivo doses! That actually gives me hope. I hope the combo wiped out the lesions in your organs, and I'm glad to hear you are doing well after treatment. Wishing you continued good health. 

Viewing 1 reply thread
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics