The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Immunology and the COVID vaccine

Forums General Melanoma Community Immunology and the COVID vaccine

Participant
      Has anyone that had the Keytruda immunology received the COVID vaccine? I am finished my treatment and pray that it will continue to work. I am afraid that the COVID vaccine could affect the efficiency of my cancer treatment. Does anyone have any information on this ?

Thanks

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        ThinkingPositive
        Participant
          Hi Deb14hat,

I’m on Keytruda and had the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine doses in Feb and March, in-between my scheduled 6 week infusions. My June scan showed complete metabolic response, so in the short time between my vaccinations and the scan, there was no evidence the vaccines interfered with the efficacy of pembro. Small studies are starting to appear on this topic, here is one from Israel: https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanonc/article/PIIS1470-2045(21)00155-8/fulltext

Wishing you well,

Cindy

JudiAU
          Participant
            I was encouraged to be vaccinated and was so eager that it was very close to infusions. I had one uncomfortable night. We are still careful in public because I don’t know my exact level of protection and I have kids who are too young to be vaccinated. But getting the shots let me have a little bit of life again.
        Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics