The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Immune Therapy – Opdivo

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Immune Therapy – Opdivo

Participant

Got some updates. I was a month late starting my Opdivo. Had to recover from heart attack after finding out that it cost 15 grand a wack not including the labs and Dr. appointment. I was finally assured that Medicare and my insurance would cover it ALL. We will see.. Got my first infusion 3/29/2019. So far I don’t feel anything. I don’t know what’s going on in my insides but I dont feel any different so far.
      I'm scheduled for my 2nd infusion on 4/26/2019 and follow that with CT scans on 5/5/2019. I'm getting all this done at the Moffitt Center in Tampa. What a great place and great people.

My melanoma was found on my chest and cut out along with 2 lymph nodes on 11/7/2018. Mine was the infamous nodular melanoma. Scans and biopsy were done and everything were clear. My scar look like crap to me but everybody keeps saying it looks good. I went to Moffitt to get in a "program" and be treated by mel experts. I keep going to my dermatologist. In Dec. 2018 I had 3 biopsy done, 1 came back nothing, 1 on my back was superficial well differtiated squamous cell carcinoma and 1 on my shoulder was micronodular basal cell carcinoma. The dermatologist, according to "procedure", scraped these 2 deeper.
      My Dr. at Moffitt said he wanted me to see their cutter. I did and he said we should wait watch and see. OK. The micronodular thing bothers me but the surgeon said to wait and see.

That brings me up to the present.
      Anybody see any red flags in any of this? I’m not naive and think I got 1 certified melanoma and think that’s it. That’s why I took ya’lls advice and started Opdivo.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        MikeInAK
        Participant

Glad you got the finanical stuff worked out Mike.   Don't see any red flags, you are following a good standard of care treatment.   Trials and patient experience has shown that Opdivo has a good chance of letting your immune system fight any melanoma at the celllar level that may be still with you.  Best of luck. 

I have my 7th Opdivo transfusion next week, have only had minor side effects of fatigue and nasea.  

DoubleTT
            Participant
              Hi Double TT from Ontario Canada. I’ve been on Opdivo since late September 2018. Wish I had fellow patients near by o meet with in person other than lurking patients in the waiting room at Princess Margaret Cancer Centre in Toronto..lol. Having a very hard time with this. Strength and success to you all. Tracey
              mortalMike
              Participant

Thank you

Mike

mortalMike
                Participant

Thank you

Mike

Viewing 0 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics