The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

i”m here

Forums General Melanoma Community i”m here

Participant

So, I'm all hooked up, waiting for my dose of il-2.  I showed Dr. Sznol the little buggers that seem to keep popping up, his response is that I'm having a plus/minus response.  My lymph nodes no longer show up on PET, (As of 2 weeks ago, none of the intransients did either.  He did say it's not a fluke thAT i have these now "things" on my face, they're definatly part of the Melanoma. 

So, I'm all hooked up, waiting for my dose of il-2.  I showed Dr. Sznol the little buggers that seem to keep popping up, his response is that I'm having a plus/minus response.  My lymph nodes no longer show up on PET, (As of 2 weeks ago, none of the intransients did either.  He did say it's not a fluke thAT i have these now "things" on my face, they're definatly part of the Melanoma. 

After I get home, he wants me to go to Dr. Wolchuk and sign the consents for their Anti-Pd1 trial with the new drug from Israel.  This way, they'll scan me and if necessary get me into that trial.  I find to be very good news and quite reassuring. 

Here they come with my dose…

talk  to you tommor.

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        JerryfromFauq
        Participant

Sure sounds promising to me!  Very happy about the PD-1 trial possibility.  Go for it, Gal.

JerryfromFauq
          Participant

Sure sounds promising to me!  Very happy about the PD-1 trial possibility.  Go for it, Gal.

JerryfromFauq
            Participant

lhaley
              Participant

Sounds like that they are continuing on with the treatment.  Sometimes you just need some more!!!!  But, ready for the next plan of attack.

Sending hugs tonight,

Linda

lhaley
                Participant

Sounds like that they are continuing on with the treatment.  Sometimes you just need some more!!!!  But, ready for the next plan of attack.

Sending hugs tonight,

Linda

lhaley
                  Participant

Sending hugs tonight,

Linda

Fen
                    Participant

Fingers crossed, Karen.  Always good to have a plan in place. Sounds like you have a great team.  Now just focus on making it through this stuff!

Fen

Fen
                      Participant

Fingers crossed, Karen.  Always good to have a plan in place. Sounds like you have a great team.  Now just focus on making it through this stuff!

Fen

Fen
                        Participant

Fen

MariaH
                          Participant

Hi Karen,

Just wanted to let you know, we'll be thinking of you ๐Ÿ™‚

Best wishes that it goes by really fast,

Maria

MariaH
                            Participant

Hi Karen,

Maria

MariaH
                              Participant

Hi Karen,

Maria

jag
                                Participant

Good luck Karen!

jag
                                  Participant

Good luck Karen!

jag
                                    Participant

Good luck Karen!

cwu
                                      Participant
                                        Hi Karen,

It’s been a few days, wanted to check in to see how you are doing. Hope everything is going well. Let us know when you can.

Take care,
                                        Chau

cwu
                                        Participant
                                          Hi Karen,

It’s been a few days, wanted to check in to see how you are doing. Hope everything is going well. Let us know when you can.

Take care,
                                          Chau

cwu
                                          Participant
                                            Hi Karen,

Take care,
                                            Chau

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics