The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Idea for spellcheck

Forums General Melanoma Community Idea for spellcheck

Participant

This is an extra step, I know…

I have two monitors on this laptop, the laptop screen itself and a biggo one that I use for trading the e-minis so I can see the charts with my bad up close eyesight.  I have discovered that if I open Outlook or Word, I can just copy and paste the text that I want to post into one of those programs and let it do the spellchecking for me.  It is an extra step, but not too time consuming.  I think you can just open the programs if you have ’em onto your regular screen too.

This is an extra step, I know…

I have two monitors on this laptop, the laptop screen itself and a biggo one that I use for trading the e-minis so I can see the charts with my bad up close eyesight.  I have discovered that if I open Outlook or Word, I can just copy and paste the text that I want to post into one of those programs and let it do the spellchecking for me.  It is an extra step, but not too time consuming.  I think you can just open the programs if you have ’em onto your regular screen too.

Or better yet, why worry about spelling?  We are among friends here, right? 

I do kinda like just logging in and not having to type in the codes to post anymore.  I always messed up trying to decide if the lower care ‘c’ was an ‘e’.

Y’all take good care, K.

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        Bonnie Lea
        Participant

oh I do love not having to figure out all that weird printing half the time I had to move on to another set to try.  or worse just almost give up.  Spell check is fine, but only a few people think spelling is a direct link to intelligence.  And poke insults at us less inclined.  (They should see me try to text hahah)  hubby stands over me, and says   USE A SHORTER FORM  (money doncha kknow)

He was so upset (not really) when I finally learned how to text to our dotter when we were camping, but it took me a while to sort out how to say  I luv u and u r sweet 2 and know she would understand it!  (she is 30)  haha  My spelling has always been quite bad, and I blame myself, for doing it phonetically to  help my deaf mom with her pronounciation.   (my story and I am sticking to it)

kwahlbin

We have now added a spell check function to the post editor smiley

Kimmer
              Participant

Kewl!  I mean cool.

It works!

Take good care, K.

Viewing 1 reply thread
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics