The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

I think my head MRI report is really good

Forums General Melanoma Community I think my head MRI report is really good

Participant

I certainly don't understand much of the report but the way the radiation doctor described it the one they radiated has shrank by .1 cm in one dimension and grew .4 cm in both the other dimensions. But he thinks that is probably due to the dead cells being smooshed. The other two that were not treated have pretty much disappeared. I'm really suprised about the untreated ones because one of those was just about .5 cm smaller than the one they treated and was also pushing on the dura. Sooo whohoo again for Keytruda. I got my 11th dose Tuesday with radiation the day before and after so maybe that radiation/immunotherapy synergy will happen for me someday or maybe that's why those are gone I dunno cause I got my pd1 within 26 hours of my last head and lower spine radiation too.

I think I've developed clostrophobia though. I was in the same MRI machine as August but this time I kept choking. I also couldn't stand being in that small space this time. I'm not a big guy and I just barely fit. I was also very hot and by the time it was all over my face was really red. A few times I thought I was going to suffocate in there especially with the choking. I think next time I'll request the big donut. Dunno if that will be better but maybe.

I know we all experience scanxiety and this scan almost drove me crazy. I was able to put it out of my mind pretty much until two days before. Then all the fears hit hard imagining the crazy stuff they could find.

Here's the report. I thought it was very thorough and a well done report. They plan to scan again in 3 months. Last week my Mayo doc called to see how I was doing. He had me send my 11/3 pet/ct so I'll send him this too. It really amazes me how much the Mayo docs care.

Take care all my fellow warriors.

Artie

Findings: On the prior precontrast T1 sagittal images the right paracentral posterior parietal osseous lesion measured about 2.3 cm AP x 2.8 cm craniocaudal. On that study on the postcontrast axial images the mass measured 3.6cm transverse. There is now T1 shortening within the soft tissue components of the lesion both within the cranial vault and within the scalp. This may represent products of hemorrhage in ths individual with melanoma. On the study today I measure it at about 3.2 cm craniocaudal x 2.7 cm AP on the precontrast sagittal images. This does appear to have increased in size. When I measure the transverse dimension on the postcontrast axial images I measured about 3.5cm slightly smaller. There is some susceptibility associated with the lesion. This was also present previously. On the axial images the lesion does appear more discrete than on the prior study. There is destruction of the bone with extension of the mass into the cranial vault and into the scalp.

The lesion is again seen to displace and abut the superior sagittal sinus. The sinus continues to enhance without evidence of adjacent thrombosis.

There were additional osseous lesions in the left frontal and left parietal bone on the prior study. These have improved significantly. There has been virtual resolution. No new areas of FLAIR signal alteration are seen within the calvarium. The cerebellar tonsils are normal in position. The corpus callosum is intact. No discrete area of abnormal signal enhancement is seen in the brain parenchyma. The right calvarial lesion which extends into the cranial vault certainly may involve the dura. The dural venous sinuses enhance.

The ventricles are normal in size. Signal voids are present in the vessels.

Impression:

1 Some increase in the craniocaudal and AP dimensions of the mass as measured on the T1 sagittal images and compared to the prior study from 8/21/2014. Some T1 shortening within the soft tissue components which may represent products of hemorrhage in this individual with melanoma. Of note, the transverse dimensions decreased slightly and the lesion appears slightly more circumscribed on the transaxial images. Continued follow-up is recommended.

2. Virtual resolution of the smaller calvarial lesions seen previously.

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        tschmith
        Participant

That's good news, Artie!  Yay, Keytruda!   Next Tuesday is my fun filled day…Brain MRI, CT scans, and an infusion.  

Things are looking good for you!

Terrie

tschmith
          Participant

That's good news, Artie!  Yay, Keytruda!   Next Tuesday is my fun filled day…Brain MRI, CT scans, and an infusion.  

Terrie

tschmith
            Participant

Terrie

StephyD83
              Participant

That is great news!!!

StephyD83
                Participant

That is great news!!!

StephyD83
                  Participant

That is great news!!!

JoshF
                    Participant

Always like to hear positive news Artie!!! Here's to the string of good news continuing…

Josh

JoshF
                      Participant

Always like to hear positive news Artie!!! Here's to the string of good news continuing…

Josh

JoshF
                        Participant

Josh

DZnDef
                          Participant

Great news, Artie!  I'm so glad Keytruda is working for you!  Especially after that scare when they compared against the wrong scan.  It's a shame they put you through that.  I hope to read soon that all of your mets are resolved.  I am having my own scanxiety and it isn't until January 14th.  Maybe because I used to go every thrree months so right now is when I'd have my scan.  But we pushed it to 4 months this time so I'm left in the dark for one more month.

Glad you are on the path to healing, Artie.  Also, you asked about Joe in another post.  He posted a response to his original post here on the MPIP forum you just have to go back a few pages.

Cheers!

Maggie

DZnDef
                            Participant

Great news, Artie!  I'm so glad Keytruda is working for you!  Especially after that scare when they compared against the wrong scan.  It's a shame they put you through that.  I hope to read soon that all of your mets are resolved.  I am having my own scanxiety and it isn't until January 14th.  Maybe because I used to go every thrree months so right now is when I'd have my scan.  But we pushed it to 4 months this time so I'm left in the dark for one more month.

Glad you are on the path to healing, Artie.  Also, you asked about Joe in another post.  He posted a response to his original post here on the MPIP forum you just have to go back a few pages.

Cheers!

Maggie

DZnDef
                              Participant

Cheers!

Maggie

Bubbles
                                Participant

Oh, Artie!!!  That is a great Christmas present for all of us and you the most!!!  Well done, sir!  I think you are certainly seeing the synergistic effects of your radiation with your Keytruda/immunotherapy!!!  That is wonderful.  Let the hits keep coming!!!  Happy holidays and a wonderful New Year to you and yours!!!  C

Bubbles
                                  Participant

Oh, Artie!!!  That is a great Christmas present for all of us and you the most!!!  Well done, sir!  I think you are certainly seeing the synergistic effects of your radiation with your Keytruda/immunotherapy!!!  That is wonderful.  Let the hits keep coming!!!  Happy holidays and a wonderful New Year to you and yours!!!  C

Bubbles
                                    Participant

SoCalDave
                                        Participant

Artie, I used to have a lot of anxiety of being confined  – My doc prescribed a valium to take before the scans and that helped. I'm used to the machine now and last scans nearly fell asleep!

Take care!

SoCalDave
                                          Participant

Artie, I used to have a lot of anxiety of being confined  – My doc prescribed a valium to take before the scans and that helped. I'm used to the machine now and last scans nearly fell asleep!

Take care!

SoCalDave
                                            Participant

Take care!

sweetaugust
                                            Participant

Congrats that it was a good scan and that the waiting for those results is over for now…and you can finally breathe.  We all know those worries all too well. 

My boss is claustrophobic and cannot handle the MRI's either.  We always try and get him the bigger donut machine too.  But another trick that works for him is wearing a sleep mask while in the machine. 

Happy Holidays, Laurie

sweetaugust
                                              Participant

Congrats that it was a good scan and that the waiting for those results is over for now…and you can finally breathe.  We all know those worries all too well. 

My boss is claustrophobic and cannot handle the MRI's either.  We always try and get him the bigger donut machine too.  But another trick that works for him is wearing a sleep mask while in the machine. 

Happy Holidays, Laurie

Marianne quinn
                                                  Participant

Best Christmas present ever. So happy for you.

Marianne quinn
                                                    Participant

Marianne quinn
                                                      Participant

sweetaugust
                                                      Participant

Happy Holidays, Laurie

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics