The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

I hope McCain has a recurrence after reading this article.

Forums General Melanoma Community I hope McCain has a recurrence after reading this article.

• Replies
      Bonnie Lea
      Participant

that would have been a perfect oportunity to talk about melanoma and sun stuff.  Also I noted on a episode of Cake Boss (I know I know I have no life)  that this Snookie person was telling one of the staff who was crushing on her, that he needed to go to a tanning place, and not just get a fake spray on tan.

these people…..

Bonnie Lea
        Participant

that would have been a perfect oportunity to talk about melanoma and sun stuff.  Also I noted on a episode of Cake Boss (I know I know I have no life)  that this Snookie person was telling one of the staff who was crushing on her, that he needed to go to a tanning place, and not just get a fake spray on tan.

these people…..

bcl
          Participant
              Bonnie Lea
              Participant

sort of like if a famous distillery was funding a politial party that was all for zero tolerance, I bet THAT would not be tolerated at all.  what is it with Tanning and Melanoma and oh I dunno.   I even watched What not to wear last night, when a blonde 29 year old doing her best to speak and act like the infamous Hilton woman, was accentuating a tan, with bubble gum pink lipstick, and almost white blonde hair, which did indeed look quite deadish.  But they made reference to her constant tanned look.  (she was from Seattle WA) where even I know is not Sunnydale corners USA. and the whole package including the voice, the facial expressions, made me turn it off, which I never usually do.

So this ad, am I correct in understanding they have funded monies to those polititions?  double sigh.

bcl
                Participant

yes, rather strategically apparently. Free world and all that stuff.

bcl
                  Participant

yes, rather strategically apparently. Free world and all that stuff.

Bonnie Lea
                    Participant

sort of like if a famous distillery was funding a politial party that was all for zero tolerance, I bet THAT would not be tolerated at all.  what is it with Tanning and Melanoma and oh I dunno.   I even watched What not to wear last night, when a blonde 29 year old doing her best to speak and act like the infamous Hilton woman, was accentuating a tan, with bubble gum pink lipstick, and almost white blonde hair, which did indeed look quite deadish.  But they made reference to her constant tanned look.  (she was from Seattle WA) where even I know is not Sunnydale corners USA. and the whole package including the voice, the facial expressions, made me turn it off, which I never usually do.

So this ad, am I correct in understanding they have funded monies to those polititions?  double sigh.

LV
                      Participant

I feel slightly sick to my stomach after looking at that website and reading their posts.

bcl
                        Participant

yes indeed:)

bcl
                          Participant

yes indeed:)

LV
                            Participant

I feel slightly sick to my stomach after looking at that website and reading their posts.

bcl
                            Participant
                              MarieM
                              Participant

Unbelievable response by McCain. Not surprised.

While we are on this topic, this whole Jersey Shore thing is giving the young people of the Jersey Shore area such a bad name and rep. Parents and teachers HATE it.  The young people I KNOW are nothing at all like this. My daughter being 16 was a little taken by the popularity of the show and it being so close to home. The Situation (gag) went to her high school and tried to TALK there. Who would want to listen to HIM anyway???? Our wonderful principal put an end to that very quickly. Jess went through a a short SNOOKI stage and tried to Snookify herself. Darker foundation makeup and black blobbed eye shadow. It was so ridiculous I didn't even make a thing of it. (Even SHE drew the line with the teased poof!) I told her she looked ridiculous…now go out in the world like that. It's your life. It lasted…..MAYBE a week. I wish they would pull that show right off the air!

Thank you for the vent….

Marie

MarieM
                                Participant

Unbelievable response by McCain. Not surprised.

While we are on this topic, this whole Jersey Shore thing is giving the young people of the Jersey Shore area such a bad name and rep. Parents and teachers HATE it.  The young people I KNOW are nothing at all like this. My daughter being 16 was a little taken by the popularity of the show and it being so close to home. The Situation (gag) went to her high school and tried to TALK there. Who would want to listen to HIM anyway???? Our wonderful principal put an end to that very quickly. Jess went through a a short SNOOKI stage and tried to Snookify herself. Darker foundation makeup and black blobbed eye shadow. It was so ridiculous I didn't even make a thing of it. (Even SHE drew the line with the teased poof!) I told her she looked ridiculous…now go out in the world like that. It's your life. It lasted…..MAYBE a week. I wish they would pull that show right off the air!

Thank you for the vent….

Marie

Viewing 5 reply threads
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics