The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

I have one box vemurafenib , pls contact me if you need it

Forums General Melanoma Community I have one box vemurafenib , pls contact me if you need it

Participant

I have one box vemurafenib , my father is dead , pls contact me if you have a patient who needs it .

email : [email protected]

you will pay for the shipping cost only .

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        POW
        Participant

The original poster may be an extremely kind and generous person who is trying to help someone out. Unfortunately, this could equally well be a scam. Since we get posts like this from time to time, maybe we should think about some things:

1. It is highly illegal in the US for individuals to buy or sell presecription medicines. I don't know what the law says about giving them away, but I doubt that it is legal, either.

2. Havng said that, there are situations where it is morally good even if illegal to share life-saving medications. If you're willing to risk it, then any and all communications should be private and handled via the Private Message function on this web site. Neither the offeror nor the recipient should post their private contact information.

3. I, personallly, would only consider such an offer from someone who has been actively participating on this forum for some time. They should be "known" to us with a profile and periodic posts where we have been able to follow the progress of someone's disease and treatments over time. Some who pops up suddenly and says, "Hey, I've got this expensive medicine. Give me some money and I'll be happy to send it to you." raises my suspicions.

4. NEVER send ANYONE money in advance. If the offeror really has kindness and generousity at heart, they will send the medicine to you and once you have determined that it is correct, then pay them back for any shipping charges. That is what a friend of mine did with her extra Zelboraf. Yes, the offeror will run some small risk of not getting paid back. But that's better than scores of people sending $30 or $40 for "shipping" and never getting any medication.

5. I have no idea who this poster is and I certainly don't mean to offend him if he is making an honest attempt to help people. However, these medications are just too important and too expensive to escape the notice of scam artists. Please, everybody, beware. 

Swanee
            Participant

Thanks for your advice, you are so wise to post your concern.  I can see how vulnerable we are and especially our loved ones, thanks for the heads up!

Swanee

Swanee
              Participant

Thanks for your advice, you are so wise to post your concern.  I can see how vulnerable we are and especially our loved ones, thanks for the heads up!

Swanee

Swanee
                Participant

Swanee

JerryfromFauq
                  Participant

Valid and none offensive response.

JerryfromFauq
                    Participant

JerryfromFauq
                      Participant

POW
                      Participant

The original poster may be an extremely kind and generous person who is trying to help someone out. Unfortunately, this could equally well be a scam. Since we get posts like this from time to time, maybe we should think about some things:

1. It is highly illegal in the US for individuals to buy or sell presecription medicines. I don't know what the law says about giving them away, but I doubt that it is legal, either.

2. Havng said that, there are situations where it is morally good even if illegal to share life-saving medications. If you're willing to risk it, then any and all communications should be private and handled via the Private Message function on this web site. Neither the offeror nor the recipient should post their private contact information.

3. I, personallly, would only consider such an offer from someone who has been actively participating on this forum for some time. They should be "known" to us with a profile and periodic posts where we have been able to follow the progress of someone's disease and treatments over time. Some who pops up suddenly and says, "Hey, I've got this expensive medicine. Give me some money and I'll be happy to send it to you." raises my suspicions.

4. NEVER send ANYONE money in advance. If the offeror really has kindness and generousity at heart, they will send the medicine to you and once you have determined that it is correct, then pay them back for any shipping charges. That is what a friend of mine did with her extra Zelboraf. Yes, the offeror will run some small risk of not getting paid back. But that's better than scores of people sending $30 or $40 for "shipping" and never getting any medication.

5. I have no idea who this poster is and I certainly don't mean to offend him if he is making an honest attempt to help people. However, these medications are just too important and too expensive to escape the notice of scam artists. Please, everybody, beware. 

POW
                        Participant

Golda_
                          Participant
                            Daar Abdullah,

I sincerely thank you for such wonderful gift! Eyes of my mother are full of tears when she speaks about you. Thank you!!!!! You very generous person!!
                            Alina

Golda_
                            Participant
                              Daar Abdullah,

I sincerely thank you for such wonderful gift! Eyes of my mother are full of tears when she speaks about you. Thank you!!!!! You very generous person!!
                              Alina

Golda_
                              Participant
                                Daar Abdullah,

Alina

Viewing 5 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics