The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

I feel scared to tell you…2 years NED.

Forums General Melanoma Community I feel scared to tell you…2 years NED.

Participant

Hi!

I feel scared to tell you that my husband is 2 years NED…. were two years of much anguish, tears, anxiety, a rollercoaster of emotions. Thank you all for your support and information, you are a big company when I am filled with despair, and today I want to share this good news with you. I know we did not win the war but …. step by step.

My husband is stage IIIa from june 2012 At that time the oncologist gave him two options:  watch and wait or pegylated interferon for 2 years. He did not felt comfortable with doing nothing,  so He started  pegylated interferon on October 2012.

If God helps us and the next PET will be clean, my husband finalized interferon  pegylado on October 2014.

Melanoma has no rules but today I feel hopeful.

God please give us the opportunity to have a child, because interferon caused infertility …

Regards

Gaby

(from Argentina)

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        hbecker
        Participant

Gaby,

I understand the mix of emotions you  express here – we have also just passed the two-year mark at Stage IIB. I hope you can let go of the anxiety for a little while and just bask in the glow of two years N.E.D.

I first wrote about my approach to these mixed emotions in March 2013 – You can read my story at http://www.hazelbecker.com/?q=content/realistic-and-optimistic-same-time.

Meanwhile, enjoy your time with your husband and stay optimistic about the future.

Best wishes –

Hazel

Happy_girl
            Participant

smileyHappy for you both!   

Happy_girl
              Participant

Happy_girl
                Participant

hbecker
                Participant

Gaby,

I understand the mix of emotions you  express here – we have also just passed the two-year mark at Stage IIB. I hope you can let go of the anxiety for a little while and just bask in the glow of two years N.E.D.

I first wrote about my approach to these mixed emotions in March 2013 – You can read my story at http://www.hazelbecker.com/?q=content/realistic-and-optimistic-same-time.

Meanwhile, enjoy your time with your husband and stay optimistic about the future.

Best wishes –

Hazel

hbecker
                  Participant

Gaby,

Best wishes –

Hazel

Viewing 2 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics