The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

I am here for another Mothers Day!!

Forums General Melanoma Community I am here for another Mothers Day!!

Participant

First of all, thank all of  you who post your helpful suggestions.  Celeste, Jennifer (two of you) Ed, Mike, So Ca Julie, and all of you, too many to mention who are helping me on my journey.

State 4 metastatic melanoma, i think 2017 was a fog for  me.  With initial diagnosis, the the brain fog the prednisone gave me, rashes, thyroid – oh just everything.

I don't post often i just read.  I see Dr on 5/21 to get 5th petscan results. But he called and said everything looked good.  6 tumors including lung mass, pretty  much gone!  3rd brain MRI showed the two less than half inch dots still sthe same. 

I had to cancel my Paris Viking River cruise last Nov. BUT in two weeks going on a 10 day Alaska cruise r/t  San Francisco with 11 of my family on Grand Princess.  Thank you God!  I still get a LOT of fatigue, and having problems following thru on projects.  But feel better that months ago.  I have been to Alaska before so i am content being low key and watching scenery from balcony while youngsters do all the excursions i laready have done.  My children grandchildren have all taken off of work/college because of grandmas melanoma.  This trip was on my bucket list…every once in a while where I just don't feel good, I say "ok Lord, let me get thru this trip."

​The arthritis keeps me still, so i try to make myself walk the dog a llittle, even around a short block, or so gentle water aerobics when weather permits.

​I applaud you young people going thru this, and still raising children and holding down jobs.  God Bless you

Again, that you for sharing what you have been going thru…it helps the rest of us.

Happy Mothers Day!!

Sharon l

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        Sharon93065
        Participant

I might add, the my childre, grandchildren, great greatson were jumping with joy at the idea of a cruise.  I am the only one that has to fly into SFO.  Also we will be scattering askes of my kids father who died from brain cancer i think started with  melanoma. 

Mark_DC
            Participant

Well done Sharon, you have a great attitude – disease and side effects are difficult, but seems your efforts to overcome them are paying off. Its great you will be able to go on your cruise after all, canceling Paris must have been depressing but now seems all worth it.

Wishing you a Happy Mothers Day

Mark

Bubbles
            Participant

Happy Mother's Day indeed, sweetie!!  Glad you are here to enjoy it with your dear ones.  Hoping 2018 is a much easier year for you!!  celeste

TexMelanomex
              Participant

Awesome Sharon!!!!

You are a Warrior and I'm glad you are here…may you be around for many, many more Mother's Days and all the special occasions!

Tex

I hope you have a wonderful cruise!  Don't let melanoma take your happiness.  I had let it steal my hope and my happiness and the others on this board helped me remember to be tough mentally.  We all know we are tough physically.  Cancer takes a lot from us but it can't take the moments and the happiness.

Good wishes to you!

Jennifer

Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics