The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Husband starting IL-2 this week

Forums General Melanoma Community Husband starting IL-2 this week

Participant

Scott is going to be starting IL-2 this week. Probably on Wednesday.   He had a small spot on his brain and that is going to get zapped on Monday.  it's very tiny so no one is worrying about it being a problem with the IL-2.

I know it's going to be very hard on him, but the potential results are promising.  I'm so worried that I can barely sleep.  The stress is really doing a number on the whole family. 

Praying for a miracle. 

Scott is going to be starting IL-2 this week. Probably on Wednesday.   He had a small spot on his brain and that is going to get zapped on Monday.  it's very tiny so no one is worrying about it being a problem with the IL-2.

I know it's going to be very hard on him, but the potential results are promising.  I'm so worried that I can barely sleep.  The stress is really doing a number on the whole family. 

Praying for a miracle. 

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        aldakota22
        Participant

Will be praying for that miracle also.As hard as it is beleive .Stressing out is not what any of you need,I do understand what you are going through.Keep us posted.Beat the Beast,  AL

aldakota22
          Participant

Will be praying for that miracle also.As hard as it is beleive .Stressing out is not what any of you need,I do understand what you are going through.Keep us posted.Beat the Beast,  AL

aldakota22
            Participant

BrianP
              Participant

I'll add Scott to my prayer list also.  Wish you all the best. 

BrianP
                Participant

BrianP
                  Participant

Swanee
                    Participant

Please know you are in the thoughts and prayers of many here and you are not alone.  We're all praying for a cure, a miracle or just a safe place to rest before we move on to the next treatment.  I wish I could take away your stress, but we've all been down that road and it's just the nature of the beast that we must all deal with.  I think we all find that place where we can tuck away from the stress and see it from the outside looking in, or learning to deal with it and leave it in it's place as best we can.  Trust me….stress never leaves and just becomes a part of life and I think mostly, we learn how to manage it.

I have heard many stories on this site for success with IL-2.  When it works, it works well and many go on to enjoy many years being free of melanoma or find a durable cure.  If it's not working, they know right away and are on to other options.  Try putting a few key words into the search bar to find out other stories here that might give you more hope and other questions and treatments you have not yet thought of.

Good luck with the IL-2 treatment and may your outcome be the cure and above all else, do not lose hope.  This can be a very long road and your courage and optimism will serve you well.  Also, check back here often or daily and ask more questions and report updates, we all want to know about each other's treatments and the struggles we all encounter.  There is a lot of hope for stage IV melanoma patients but it might take a few treatments before you find the one that works!    

Swanee

Swanee
                      Participant

Please know you are in the thoughts and prayers of many here and you are not alone.  We're all praying for a cure, a miracle or just a safe place to rest before we move on to the next treatment.  I wish I could take away your stress, but we've all been down that road and it's just the nature of the beast that we must all deal with.  I think we all find that place where we can tuck away from the stress and see it from the outside looking in, or learning to deal with it and leave it in it's place as best we can.  Trust me….stress never leaves and just becomes a part of life and I think mostly, we learn how to manage it.

I have heard many stories on this site for success with IL-2.  When it works, it works well and many go on to enjoy many years being free of melanoma or find a durable cure.  If it's not working, they know right away and are on to other options.  Try putting a few key words into the search bar to find out other stories here that might give you more hope and other questions and treatments you have not yet thought of.

Good luck with the IL-2 treatment and may your outcome be the cure and above all else, do not lose hope.  This can be a very long road and your courage and optimism will serve you well.  Also, check back here often or daily and ask more questions and report updates, we all want to know about each other's treatments and the struggles we all encounter.  There is a lot of hope for stage IV melanoma patients but it might take a few treatments before you find the one that works!    

Swanee

Swanee
                        Participant

Swanee

CherylL
                          Participant

Know it's far easier said than done, but try to focus on the fantastic possibility of the IL2 being fully effective and clearing your man of this beast forever! 

My Scott had two cycles of IL2 this past year (May and August)—it is rough to take (and to watch) but the possibility of "cure" is SOOO worth it!

We had shrinkage after first cycle, and are stable after second…..prayerfully confident our December PET scans will reveal my husband's lung tumors are DEAD. πŸ™‚ 

Recuperation is quicker than you'd believe—my husband is back at work and living life…

Be brave, know that you are being remembered and lifted up by many of us.

Peace, strength and optimism heading your way—

Cheryl
                            Wife of Scott, Stage IV and giving it the beat-down!

CherylL
                            Participant

Know it's far easier said than done, but try to focus on the fantastic possibility of the IL2 being fully effective and clearing your man of this beast forever! 

My Scott had two cycles of IL2 this past year (May and August)—it is rough to take (and to watch) but the possibility of "cure" is SOOO worth it!

We had shrinkage after first cycle, and are stable after second…..prayerfully confident our December PET scans will reveal my husband's lung tumors are DEAD. πŸ™‚ 

Recuperation is quicker than you'd believe—my husband is back at work and living life…

Cheryl

CherylL
                              Participant

Cheryl

lrkg1234
                                Participant

Thanks for all the kind words.  I do appreciate it.  I am actually sort of excited about the treatment now because I want it to work so badly and DO actually feel good about it.  Scott is very positive too.  It's stress, but a good type of stress, more anticipation of the unknown. We are getting ready to begin treatment tomorrow, Thursday. 

Keep fighting.

Lisa

lrkg1234
                                  Participant

Thanks for all the kind words.  I do appreciate it.  I am actually sort of excited about the treatment now because I want it to work so badly and DO actually feel good about it.  Scott is very positive too.  It's stress, but a good type of stress, more anticipation of the unknown. We are getting ready to begin treatment tomorrow, Thursday. 

Keep fighting.

Lisa

CherylL
                                      Participant

So glad I saw this tonight. πŸ™‚ 

Will be remembering your Scott (and you!) tomorrow and in the coming weeks as you make good use of the IL2 and KICK melanoma out of your man for good!

Peace, strength and HOPE coming your way! 

CherylL
                                        Participant

Will be remembering your Scott (and you!) tomorrow and in the coming weeks as you make good use of the IL2 and KICK melanoma out of your man for good!

CherylL
                                          Participant

lrkg1234
                                          Participant

Keep fighting.

Lisa

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byΒ MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics