The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

how to electronically send a scan

Forums General Melanoma Community how to electronically send a scan

Participant
      Hi, I have a scan to send electronically to a different country for a second opinion – I sent through yousendit.com, but he is unable to open it I am wondering if I sent the wrong file.  These are the files I see on the scan when I open it up – does anyone know which one I should attach to the email to send him. 

autorun
      dicomdir
      395596 <
      Hi, I have a scan to send electronically to a different country for a second opinion – I sent through yousendit.com, but he is unable to open it I am wondering if I sent the wrong file.  These are the files I see on the scan when I open it up – does anyone know which one I should attach to the email to send him. 

autorun
      dicomdir
      command
      readme
      efilmlite
      pacsube
      dcvalid
      dcsstart

Thank-you.

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        W.
        Participant

I believe "dicomdir" is the most important file, i.e. it contains the actual images.

You could also create a single file archive of all the files and send this archive (for example with WinRAR).

W.
          Participant

I believe "dicomdir" is the most important file, i.e. it contains the actual images.

You could also create a single file archive of all the files and send this archive (for example with WinRAR).

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics