The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

How long do results take to come in?

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community How long do results take to come in?

Participant

I had a mole sent for a biopsy 2 weeks ago today. MY dermatologist told me it would take 2-3 weeks to come in and she’d call me with the results either way. I’m tired of waiting and not living my life because I am in constant fear. She found 5 moles she doesn’t like and said whatever the result of this one is, is the result of them all so knowing I could have 5 moles that are MM scare me so bad and I just want to know already. 

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        Marksa2570
        Participant

Unfortunately this is a world of waiting. I have seen the results take anywhere from two weeks to three weeks so your doctor seems right on. I am not an expert here but I think it’s very rare for someone to have more than one melanoma.  Usually, If anything, at most there may be one but many people get normal results.  In the overall population, Melanoma is a rare disease.    

My guidance would be try to assume all is ok and don’t ready any of the boards or do any more research.    Try to assume everything is OK and then if she calls and says differently, we will all be here to support you and provide input regarding what is next.      

Please keep positive thoughts for the best outcome.   

Viewing 0 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics