The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

hopefully home today,

Forums General Melanoma Community hopefully home today,

Participant

rigged the hospital schedule to get my post op MRI done1st thing yesterday, I am now NED.  Surgeon at first thought the thing in my head was a tumor because it was black looking (hemosiderin deposits rather than melanoma breakdown  from macrophages) frozen path showed no new tumor cells, so waiting for the gross pathology to see if there are actually any tumor cells.  The doctors and my wife all seem very fascinated and are suggesting it could be my own immune system keeping things in check.

rigged the hospital schedule to get my post op MRI done1st thing yesterday, I am now NED.  Surgeon at first thought the thing in my head was a tumor because it was black looking (hemosiderin deposits rather than melanoma breakdown  from macrophages) frozen path showed no new tumor cells, so waiting for the gross pathology to see if there are actually any tumor cells.  The doctors and my wife all seem very fascinated and are suggesting it could be my own immune system keeping things in check.   Since it has already taken me 1/2 hour to type just this, it would be nice if it could work a little faster.    Can't use my left side so well, but after craniotomy #3, I couldn't even feel my left leg.   Been down this road before, hopefully will be able to cover my ER shift on Sun.

As for the doctors and nurses here at Sloan, I couldn't be more humbled.   

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        lhaley
        Participant

John,

I hope this has just been a bump in the road and the Drs. are right that your own immune system is fighting.  Wishing the best for a smooth recovery but you might just want to take Sunday off!  Being Labor Day weekend many across the country are off from work, join them for a barbecue and a day of relaxation.

Linda

lhaley
          Participant

John,

I hope this has just been a bump in the road and the Drs. are right that your own immune system is fighting.  Wishing the best for a smooth recovery but you might just want to take Sunday off!  Being Labor Day weekend many across the country are off from work, join them for a barbecue and a day of relaxation.

Linda

Kimmer
            Participant

Go John's Immune System!

Go NED!

I'm stickin' with the frozen path results…good news.

I understand wanting to go back to work…that is all my son talks about…he just wants to have things normal again.  It sounds like  you are making swift progress.  It great that you are being cared for so well.

Thanks for spending that half hour to let us know how you are doing.

K.

Kimmer
              Participant

Go John's Immune System!

Go NED!

I'm stickin' with the frozen path results…good news.

I understand wanting to go back to work…that is all my son talks about…he just wants to have things normal again.  It sounds like  you are making swift progress.  It great that you are being cared for so well.

Thanks for spending that half hour to let us know how you are doing.

K.

Carver
                Participant

John I'm so sorry you've been dealing with this latest bump in the road. I hope that your immune system is indeed keeping it in check. Best of luck, Carver

Carver
                  Participant

John I'm so sorry you've been dealing with this latest bump in the road. I hope that your immune system is indeed keeping it in check. Best of luck, Carver

Bonnie Lea
                    Participant

Oh Boy oh Boy am I one happy camper reading your news.  Yeah to NED and immune system working hard like it is suppose to. 

Proud of you and your courage and of course strength.  If left foot is not co-operating, then just learn to do the right foot shuffle.

Love Bonnie

Bonnie Lea
                      Participant

Oh Boy oh Boy am I one happy camper reading your news.  Yeah to NED and immune system working hard like it is suppose to. 

Proud of you and your courage and of course strength.  If left foot is not co-operating, then just learn to do the right foot shuffle.

Love Bonnie

dian in spokane
                        Participant

I'm betting you'll be typing at lightening speed again in no time. I hope this great news continues to be great news when all the reports are in.

Turn your powerful immune system and considerable stubborn streak on recovery guy…

dian

dian in spokane
                          Participant

I'm betting you'll be typing at lightening speed again in no time. I hope this great news continues to be great news when all the reports are in.

Turn your powerful immune system and considerable stubborn streak on recovery guy…

dian

bcl
                            Participant

Good news John, glad they are looking after you so well and of course that the early results are positive for NED and not mel! ( Please be sure to thank Merry for her lovely email to us all:) 

Best wishes for continued improvement with your motor skills… you are one stubborn guy, so I expect you will make it to that Sunday shift no problem, take care, linda

bcl
                              Participant

Good news John, glad they are looking after you so well and of course that the early results are positive for NED and not mel! ( Please be sure to thank Merry for her lovely email to us all:) 

Best wishes for continued improvement with your motor skills… you are one stubborn guy, so I expect you will make it to that Sunday shift no problem, take care, linda

SandraDee
                                Participant

JAG:

You are somethin else!  Man, your strength and endurance put me to shame.  Now, take the labor day weekend to recover before heading back to work, silly!

SAndy – Buffalo

SandraDee
                                  Participant

JAG:

You are somethin else!  Man, your strength and endurance put me to shame.  Now, take the labor day weekend to recover before heading back to work, silly!

SAndy – Buffalo

washoegal
                                    Participant

Amazing results – keep up the good work!  I like the idea of BBQ and maybe sneaking in a beer :).

washoegal
                                      Participant

Amazing results – keep up the good work!  I like the idea of BBQ and maybe sneaking in a beer :).

Sandi Dalton
                                        Participant

Outstanding! I would love to hear more of you, family and doctors success! I had my first craini following a bike accident 2 weeks ago. Found brain mass then, broken hip and rib. Still a little aphasic Only melanoma in head (now gone). It is wonderful to read hope and fighthing success here at this site.

Sandi Dalton
                                          Participant

Outstanding! I would love to hear more of you, family and doctors success! I had my first craini following a bike accident 2 weeks ago. Found brain mass then, broken hip and rib. Still a little aphasic Only melanoma in head (now gone). It is wonderful to read hope and fighthing success here at this site.

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics