The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

High Dose Interferon Infusions Complete

Forums General Melanoma Community High Dose Interferon Infusions Complete

Participant

On Aug 12, 2011 I completed the last infusion of the 20 day cycle of High Dose Interferon. I feel that I was rather lucky as I only had side effects after the first Infusion and tolerated the Infusions fairly well. I am now on the 3 shots per week and experiencing little to no side effects from the Injections. I am grateful to have made the turn from infusion to injection.

Even though I did well on the infusions the difference that I feel now from being on the lower dose injections is remarkable.

Hang in there if you are on the High Dose Infusions, it gets better.

On Aug 12, 2011 I completed the last infusion of the 20 day cycle of High Dose Interferon. I feel that I was rather lucky as I only had side effects after the first Infusion and tolerated the Infusions fairly well. I am now on the 3 shots per week and experiencing little to no side effects from the Injections. I am grateful to have made the turn from infusion to injection.

Even though I did well on the infusions the difference that I feel now from being on the lower dose injections is remarkable.

Hang in there if you are on the High Dose Infusions, it gets better.

Allen

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        lhaley
        Participant

Sounds like great news!  Before you know it the rest of the year will be finished. Not that we want to wish away our lives, but we want the best quality time we can get, and it sounds like yours is coming back!

Linda

lhaley
          Participant

Sounds like great news!  Before you know it the rest of the year will be finished. Not that we want to wish away our lives, but we want the best quality time we can get, and it sounds like yours is coming back!

Linda

triciad
            Participant

Allen,

Congratulations on your accomplishment…and yes, it is an accomplishment!  Best of luck with the lose dose shots.  Remember to keep up with the water and get plenty of rest.  Hope you have as much success with the low dose.

Trisha

triciad
              Participant

Allen,

Congratulations on your accomplishment…and yes, it is an accomplishment!  Best of luck with the lose dose shots.  Remember to keep up with the water and get plenty of rest.  Hope you have as much success with the low dose.

Trisha

Donna M.
                Participant

As I just completed my first infusion last night, this is great to hear!  I hope you continue to do well…and I hope I do too!

D.

Donna M.
                  Participant

As I just completed my first infusion last night, this is great to hear!  I hope you continue to do well…and I hope I do too!

D.

akls
                    Participant

Allen,

Happy to hear your interferon experience has been so good.  I hope you continue to have little to no side effects.  A year seems like a long time, but it goes fast!  Good luck with the rest of your treatment.

Amy S. in Michigan

akls
                      Participant

Allen,

Happy to hear your interferon experience has been so good.  I hope you continue to have little to no side effects.  A year seems like a long time, but it goes fast!  Good luck with the rest of your treatment.

Amy S. in Michigan

BethA
                        Participant

Glad you are doing so good and feeling better.  Sounds very scary to me, but I wish you well.  Keep getting better every day.  Beth 3/B

BethA
                          Participant

Glad you are doing so good and feeling better.  Sounds very scary to me, but I wish you well.  Keep getting better every day.  Beth 3/B

JuleFL
                            Participant
                              You made it! Best wishes for side-effect-free injections.
                              Jule
                              JuleFL
                              Participant
                                You made it! Best wishes for side-effect-free injections.
                                Jule
                            Viewing 11 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics