The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Hi…new to this world.

Forums General Melanoma Community Hi…new to this world.

Participant
      I was diagnosed tonight at 7:30 by my sweet dr who wanted to give me the info as soon as she received it. I had a mole on my right calf for a good 4 years. Last Friday (7/27) I had the mole removed along with good margins. The wound has been left open …oh how nasty it looks! 🙂

I was surprised how fast the results came back, considering the lab only got the biopsy yesterday morning. I was told that it is an early stage melanoma with shallow growth. Dr mentioned how deep it was, but my head was swimming. So that’s good.
      One slide showed that I had a regression so I’m being sent to an Oncologist for my follow up procedure and possible look at my lymph nodes.

Tomorrow I am going in to have my wound checked and to talk more. Can anyone give me a list of questions to ask my dr tomorrow and also the Oncologist?

Thank you so much!

Jennifer

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        natasha
        Participant

Hi Jennifer !

I would deffinately ask Doc to have a pathology report. Breslow , Clark level ,mitosis ,ulceration and growth phase.

So your samples was in lab just for a day? it is suprising ,because it takes up to 2 weeks to make such diagnosys as melanoma.

natasha
          Participant

Hi Jennifer !

I would deffinately ask Doc to have a pathology report. Breslow , Clark level ,mitosis ,ulceration and growth phase.

So your samples was in lab just for a day? it is suprising ,because it takes up to 2 weeks to make such diagnosys as melanoma.

natasha
            Participant

Hi Jennifer !

AngelaM
              Participant

Sorry you had to join us here.

You need the pathology report. The depth is probably the most important, but the other info (such as mitotic rate, ulceration and presence or absence of regression) is also very important for your staging.

AngelaM
                Participant

You need the pathology report. The depth is probably the most important, but the other info (such as mitotic rate, ulceration and presence or absence of regression) is also very important for your staging.

AngelaM
                  Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics