The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Here we go…

Forums General Melanoma Community Here we go…

Participant

Hi Everyone,

I have been an on/off "browser" since my initial diagnosis in 92 and find myself needing a support system.  A brief history:

1992 mole removed from shin, clark III/iV, breslow .9mm, wide excision performed

2010 enlarged groin node, PET confirmed

3/10 groin node dissection, 4/5 nodes melanoma

4/10 port installed, begin high dose interferon

5/10-8/10 hd int complete, self inj started – on and off treatment due to low wbc

9/10 PET new node, obturator node lit

Hi Everyone,

I have been an on/off "browser" since my initial diagnosis in 92 and find myself needing a support system.  A brief history:

1992 mole removed from shin, clark III/iV, breslow .9mm, wide excision performed

2010 enlarged groin node, PET confirmed

3/10 groin node dissection, 4/5 nodes melanoma

4/10 port installed, begin high dose interferon

5/10-8/10 hd int complete, self inj started – on and off treatment due to low wbc

9/10 PET new node, obturator node lit

9/10 obturator node/radical lymph node dissection, 9/11 nodes melanoma

Failed interferon.  No trials take me due to auto immune disease

11/10 NED!!!  PET clear!!!

11/10- present "watch and wait"

I feel like the luckiest girl alive after a year of sheer hell!  I am grateful for a place like this to come to.  I hope I can provide others with insight as well as continuing to learn from all of you about different treatments.  I hope to offer support and hope because I will be sure to ask for it myself as my journey continues.  Thanks for listening.

Laurie

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        JakeinNY
        Participant

Hey Laurie,

Enjoy that feeling of being the luckiest girl alive because it is well deserved.

I hope that you have that feeling throughout a very long life.

Do all that you can for your mind, body, and spirit every day.

Best wishes.

JakeinNY
          Participant

Hey Laurie,

Enjoy that feeling of being the luckiest girl alive because it is well deserved.

I hope that you have that feeling throughout a very long life.

Do all that you can for your mind, body, and spirit every day.

Best wishes.

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics