The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Help with pathology report

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Help with pathology report

Participant
      Hello to this kind community,

my diagnosis was malignant melanoma approximately 0.5 mm in thickness, spitzoid.

I know I should be happy the diagnosis is not more severe but can anyone help me understand what they mean by spitzoid. I know there’s a subset of melanomas that are spitzoid. I’m just looking to see if anyone has any thoughts on what spitzoid means.

thank you for your time

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        Johnjk04
        Participant
          Danielle, sorry that this melanoma is going to cause some disturbance in your life. The good news, spitzoid is less aggressive and less fatal as conventional melanoma is.Also with your 0.5 melanoma removed, looks like clear sailing from here. Stick with your dermatologist on the schedule that she provides you with. I almost want to congratulate you, glad that this was caught so early.
            MMH
            Participant
              Hi Danielle. I was diagnosed with nearly the same at .6mm spitzoid.I would be happy to chat.
            Danielle T
            Participant
              John thank you for your response. I need some encouragement after a rough couple of days 🙂  I will keep you in my thoughts and pray for all of our brave melanoma warriors.
          Viewing 1 reply thread
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics