The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Help getting access to lambrolizumab

Forums General Melanoma Community Help getting access to lambrolizumab

Participant

Hello,

I'm not oncologist, just a GP and I wish I can help one of my patient and friend here in Europe to access this treatment (or the other anti-PD-1 antibody) …

Is there a way to get it under "compationate use" she will pay for it , is she can afford…

Looking for any assistance in this way,

thank you for this usefull board

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        Julie in SoCal
        Participant

Sorry I can't answer you question, but you might want to also check with Catherine Poole at MIF (http://forum.melanomainternational.org/mif/).  That board tends to have a bit more of an international scope.

Shalom,

Julie

Julie in SoCal
          Participant

Sorry I can't answer you question, but you might want to also check with Catherine Poole at MIF (http://forum.melanomainternational.org/mif/).  That board tends to have a bit more of an international scope.

Shalom,

Julie

Julie in SoCal
            Participant

Shalom,

Julie

jualonso
              Participant

In Spain is possible to get it under compassionate use, after ipi fail or braf inh.

Where are you from?

jualonso
                Participant

In Spain is possible to get it under compassionate use, after ipi fail or braf inh.

Where are you from?

jualonso
                  Participant

Where are you from?

ed williams
                    Participant

Take a look at the post from Tim of the MRA dated 7/10 /2014. He talks about the expanded access to the Ipilimumab and Nivolumab combination by Bristol Myer Squibb. Also the name has changed from MK-3475 to Lambrolizumab to Pembrolizumab. Dr. Antoni Ribas at UCLA is involved with the research on this drug but I am not sure where or how you would get access. I know that Nivolumab has become available in Japan by Ono Pharmaceutical Co, where they call it Opdivo. Hope this helps!!! Ed

Damien83
                        Participant

thank you very much all three, I didn't expect so quick response!

I'm in france and indeed my prescription as GP may not be enough to convince a lab in my opinion ..

That's also often I have patients with NSCLC and I'm in the same situation, I see some additional possibilities abroad and can't access them 

here no oncologist will take the responsability to prescribe a drug that has not approbation in the country … they are so afraid to get troubles

If anyone has a more precise suggestion it create en temporary email to take contact no to leave my identity on this board … 

feel free to leave a message at [email protected] , sorry not to give my true email , I don't want to lose my med board registration…

Damien83
                          Participant

I'm in france and indeed my prescription as GP may not be enough to convince a lab in my opinion ..

That's also often I have patients with NSCLC and I'm in the same situation, I see some additional possibilities abroad and can't access them 

here no oncologist will take the responsability to prescribe a drug that has not approbation in the country … they are so afraid to get troubles

If anyone has a more precise suggestion it create en temporary email to take contact no to leave my identity on this board … 

feel free to leave a message at [email protected] , sorry not to give my true email , I don't want to lose my med board registration…

Damien83
                            Participant

ed williams
                            Participant

Take a look at the post from Tim of the MRA dated 7/10 /2014. He talks about the expanded access to the Ipilimumab and Nivolumab combination by Bristol Myer Squibb. Also the name has changed from MK-3475 to Lambrolizumab to Pembrolizumab. Dr. Antoni Ribas at UCLA is involved with the research on this drug but I am not sure where or how you would get access. I know that Nivolumab has become available in Japan by Ono Pharmaceutical Co, where they call it Opdivo. Hope this helps!!! Ed

ed williams
                              Participant

tcell
                                Participant
                                  Hello,

I think you need to transfer your patient to Villejuif to the Institut  Gustave Roussy. they are as far as I know the only French site where the Merck EAP for Pembrolizumab is open. So they will get access for your friend.

If he / she is BRAF+ he has to have failed this and he has to habe failed Ipilimumab. There are some more criteria that the people at the IGR wil know.

hope this helps!
                                  tcell
                                  Participant
                                    Hello,

I think you need to transfer your patient to Villejuif to the Institut  Gustave Roussy. they are as far as I know the only French site where the Merck EAP for Pembrolizumab is open. So they will get access for your friend.

If he / she is BRAF+ he has to have failed this and he has to habe failed Ipilimumab. There are some more criteria that the people at the IGR wil know.

hope this helps!
                                    tcell
                                    Participant
                                      Hello,

hope this helps!
                                      LuckyMan51
                                      Participant

Anti-pd1 therapies have been recently approved in Japan. Perhaps your friend can get a referral to a Japanese Melanoma  Oncologist there who can prescribe treatment and pay out of pocket.  Worth a look.   

LuckyMan51
                                        Participant

Anti-pd1 therapies have been recently approved in Japan. Perhaps your friend can get a referral to a Japanese Melanoma  Oncologist there who can prescribe treatment and pay out of pocket.  Worth a look.   

LuckyMan51
                                          Participant

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics