The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Hello again

Forums General Melanoma Community Hello again

Participant
      Hey lads and ladies.

I hope you are all staying safe out there.

My next set of scans are in July. If I’m NED then it will be 1.5 years. However I just found a lump under my chin. To me it feels like a lymph node. It’s hard, and painless. None of the other nodes in the area are swollen.

My cancer was removed from the left side of my scalp. I was diagnosed as 2-B. So it was localised. The lymph nodes from behind my ear are all negative. Margins all clear.

I got my second COVID vaccine on April 2nd. The lymph nodes in my arm pit were swollen for a couple of weeks then.  They’ve all returned to normal. I just noticed this lump today. I think it’s been there for a few weeks though.

I’ll reach out to my oncologist tomorrow and go from there. Bleh. I didn’t want to play this dance again… but who does? 😂

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant
          Hi SJ,

Nodes can swell in that area for a variety of reasons – bug bite, cut, problem tooth, etc – as you are probably well aware.  Still, with our history of melanoma, being proactive and checking it out is the way to go.  I’ll be hoping for a far less problematic cause, but glad you are checking in with your oncologist today.

celeste

sj
          Participant
            Thank you Celeste! It was half the size when I woke up today. Yesterday it was well over an inch. This is a relief. I haven’t reached out to my oncologist yet. Going to see how it looks by Tuesday and if it hasn’t improved I’ll reach out.

I’m assuming any reduction in size like this is a good thing. I wouldn’t expect a cancerous lymph node to reduce in size at all. Am I right there?

Christinad
            Participant
              Hi there,

As Celeste mentioned lymph nodes can swell for several reasons. Sounds reassuring that it’s getting smaller. Hang in there.

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics