The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Hello

Forums Hello

Participant
      Hi All
      Sorry I don’t post so much these days I’m just trying to focus on me as much as possible although it’s difficult with almost constant lockdowns here in the UK.

Thought I would drop a quick update on progress as had some recent scan results that show the chemo has been continuing to work for me. Biggest liver let now down to 14mm for an original 48mm and still improvements in the lung and skin mets although one lung met and some of the brain ones are now stable. It’s still good news but of course you start to worry that stable quickly becomes progression!!

Trying my best to make the most of this extra time I have been given and am nearly at the 6 month mark for my 3-6 month prognosis. To celebrate I have organised the ‘Not Dead Yet Tour’ with some friends and we are doing a 75mile cycle ride the weekend before Xmas to celebrate.

Good news also from Israel that my TILS are now ready for me and have been frozen ready fir when I need them. I keep hoping I won’t need them but nice to know they are there for when I do.

Take care all and hope everyone enjoys the forthcoming festivities as much as they can.
      Best Wishes
      Mark

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Replies
        gopher38
        Participant
          That is very good news, I’d say. Always good to know you have a next step available, if needed. Jealous about the bike ride. Wasn’t feeling up to it this summer, and now too cold. Hopefully next year.
          sing123
          Participant
            Wow. Sounds like great news to me! Enjoy your bike ride. After melanoma, everything seems richer.
            MelMel
            Participant
              Ditto to the previous comments. It is truly wonderful when the treatment works and amazing what a difference just a few months can make. Hopefully, you never need TIL but at least you have a peace of mind if you do.
              I bet you are anxiously awaiting the bike trip. I have a family member who is a cyclist. Unfortunately, Michigan weather at this time of the year is not conducive to such rides so he sulks for most of the winter, even though he has a Peloton.
              Best wishes and continued success. Stay safe.
              Melanie
              tedtell1
              Participant
                Wow, great to hear from you. Was wondering how things had been going for you. So glad your mets have responded to treatment. Especially that monster in your liver. Just really good news. Have fun on the bike ride. Here’s hoping you don’t need the TILs!
                Ted
                Bubbles
                Participant
                  Oh, Mark! It’s great to hear from you and learn that you are doing so well!! Enjoy that bike ride! May the shrinkage continue!!! celeste
                    Mark_DC
                    Participant
                      Hi Mark
                      Am glad for your good news – on this board there used to be the expression stable disease is a win, so I think reductions plus stable is good news
                      Please keep us posted and hope this will continue to work
                      I have made it over to the Uk for a few weeks, am in London now just out of quarantine. Am cycling lots too to get around but because of COVID. 2 hours daily on a santandernbike in london traffice is my bike race. Well done and hope the biking goes well
                      Mark
                Viewing 4 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics