The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Hello

Participant

Dear Fellow classmates:

Thankyou Jag for writing me.  I was unaware that the MPIP OTBB was up and running.  Last time I peeked in it was deader than a stricken tree.  However, I have been not so up lately.  Too much still going on, although I have managed to drop one of the oncologists from my herd of doctors.  Breast one, has decided if I could find a doctor who would perform yearly manual exams on my nonexcistent chest, I need not go see her….I did….. whahoo. 

Dear Fellow classmates:

Thankyou Jag for writing me.  I was unaware that the MPIP OTBB was up and running.  Last time I peeked in it was deader than a stricken tree.  However, I have been not so up lately.  Too much still going on, although I have managed to drop one of the oncologists from my herd of doctors.  Breast one, has decided if I could find a doctor who would perform yearly manual exams on my nonexcistent chest, I need not go see her….I did….. whahoo. 

I had hoped also to finish with the kidney cancer guy, as it has been over a year since my kidney surgery….but alas apparently the last two ultra sounds of the abdomen in particular the part of kidney that escaped surgery…shows changes, so one more ultra sound and blood, and urine, and chest xray will be done in August.  to see what is happening.  That appt was a let down.  Hubs and I thought yeahhhh another doc bites the floor (cant say dust cos he is a nice YOUNG guy)

I have not seen my melanoma guy in ages, and feel very very pissed (sorry John)  about that.  Since my dear dermatologist retired, the guy who took over when seeing me says  so whats you have to show me now?  Never has done a whole skin check, onlly what Bob and I point out.  So  am waiting patiently to find out from Princess Margaret crew what to do?  Two past concerns over skin issues have been a neurofibroma what ever that is.  The PMH have always cancelled my clinic appts (which are 6 months)  as doctor so and so will be unav ailaable.  I should complain to our Melanoma of Canada thingy but he is on that board!! hahah. 

I had to have another biopsy on my eye as there is tons of black goop growing inside.  It came back negative.  for what???  and then what is it???  So not only have I bloated out and look ridiculous (shape wise) but my droopy red flopping eyelid disgusts me.

This is not a pleasant chat.

I had another shunt put in in June, and promptly fell flat on my face, splitting my lip, blackening my eye, maybe displacing my jaw.  So now I walk soooo carefully I am almost like a 90 year old.    BUT we are going camping.  From that fall, I also broke two ribs last year, and even though I did not go seek medical aid, it was hell in Grundy.  I mean how fast can one jump out of bed, when startled by snuffling sounds outside?  this year will be great.  Bob had a major problem lasst spring….some of you know about it, but since he had the defibulator/pacemaker installed (eyes heavenward)  he has been ok.  But def a changed man.  Cannot do half of what he used to do.  with this snow of the other day, our neighbour did our driveway the first time, Bob came home from work, did the next round, tried to get the truck in the drivway, but got stuck in a 3 foot drift.  He and I shovelled the truck out

now that HURT hahah but call of duty and all.

Um DD is still married…..  John soon Jed will be walking about free style….baby proofing is just the beginning.  How are your dear King Charles?  Bill, glad to see you are still chasing the ladies, and Yoop thankyou! and everyone else.

Love you all

Bonnie Lea

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        jag
        Participant

Awwe man Bonnie,

That is tough, very sorry to hear that you had that kind of a year.  May 2013 be a better one.  Jedd is certianly a handful, I have been lifting weights more just to scoop him up quick.  Biscuit and Buttercup are same old-same old.  I was shoveling out our driveway and they merely popped out the door and crapped and peed and then boomeranged back in side.  Had to shovel the driveway (18inches-nothing compared to what you are talking about I guess) all by my lonesome.  Trout would have never left me out there like that-little hair making rats that they are.  

Anyway, good friend of mine-Doug Schneider-farmer from Wisconsin and very talented carpenter(57-58yrs)strongest and hardest working man I've met in my life-also drinks too much-just slipped and cracked his femur.  They got him in the hospital and he has no support or healthcare whatsoever.  Delirious w/the DT's-thinks they have him trapped there, even I couldn't visit him after a while-he just got nasty with people who were trying to help him-they didn't even do anything wrong.

Anyway, thanks for the update.  You always have been a strong (and good looking) old soul and have every right to vent about what ails you, so don't be afraid to write about it.  We all are pulling for you.  

God Bless

John

Oh yeah, I don't normally like to post personal pics of the good things in my life(then you can't really get away with being mean after all) but this was our Christmas card picture this year-hope it cheers you up.   I never thought life would turn out to be this good.  If I had to do 1 lung surgery, 6 rounds of biochemotherapy, 4 rounds of IL2, a complete lung removal, and then six brain surgeries intermingled w/radiation all over again and get Jedd out of it, I definitely would.  Here he is w/the bookends.

http://s1291.beta.photobucket.com/user/gallagherjohna/media/Jeddsicle_zps4467915e.jpg.html

BonnieLea
            Participant

Oh John Thankyou very much for the reply.  My vision is not so great of late, so forgive mistakes.  (I know SOME folks  here used to freak out over bad grammar and spelling)  not you or ones I care about!! hahah.  I LOVE the picture.  You can always send to my home addy you know that.   The bookends are soooooo  sweet and not having a hard time holding up the "book"  what a lovely boy he is.  Hard to believe this much time has passed.

I bet dear Trout is in heaven dashing about in dog snow and watching you try to encourage the two B's to do the same, but remember their breed  no snow in their ancestory (or is there)

Today I go for my CT scan.  Did go to my fam doc on tuesday and got the appt today.  as the headache has returned, and this time it doesnt feel like shunt related.  I will survive…loook at you dear EF (ex EF)  I should say.  I feel bad for your friend, it is hard I suppose to feel trapped and even though some part of his memory knows why plus having a busted bone certainly doesnt help when along with DT's is hard. 

I wish there was a magic BEAM (hahah my maiden name) that could scan me, and tell us if any more evil cells are lurking anywhere.  I hate being refered to at hospitals as oh yeah  THREE cancers and a shunt.  I am Bonnie hear me roar!  I fear only Melanoma.

Then I think of you and others you have endured so much, mainted your practice, married your Merry, and had (she) a lovely son….. and even now have hair!!

Too many dear pals have passed on. 

Love to you both (oh I mean love to alllll of you)  including Jedd and B & B.  Xheart

BonnieLea
              Participant

Oh John Thankyou very much for the reply.  My vision is not so great of late, so forgive mistakes.  (I know SOME folks  here used to freak out over bad grammar and spelling)  not you or ones I care about!! hahah.  I LOVE the picture.  You can always send to my home addy you know that.   The bookends are soooooo  sweet and not having a hard time holding up the "book"  what a lovely boy he is.  Hard to believe this much time has passed.

I bet dear Trout is in heaven dashing about in dog snow and watching you try to encourage the two B's to do the same, but remember their breed  no snow in their ancestory (or is there)

Today I go for my CT scan.  Did go to my fam doc on tuesday and got the appt today.  as the headache has returned, and this time it doesnt feel like shunt related.  I will survive…loook at you dear EF (ex EF)  I should say.  I feel bad for your friend, it is hard I suppose to feel trapped and even though some part of his memory knows why plus having a busted bone certainly doesnt help when along with DT's is hard. 

I wish there was a magic BEAM (hahah my maiden name) that could scan me, and tell us if any more evil cells are lurking anywhere.  I hate being refered to at hospitals as oh yeah  THREE cancers and a shunt.  I am Bonnie hear me roar!  I fear only Melanoma.

Then I think of you and others you have endured so much, mainted your practice, married your Merry, and had (she) a lovely son….. and even now have hair!!

Love to you both (oh I mean love to alllll of you)  including Jedd and B & B.  Xheart

BonnieLea
                Participant

BillMFl
                  Participant

So I woke up this morning with the usual aches and pains feeling stiff and sore. Signed on with my morning coffee in hand and read yours and Bonnies posts and promptly forgot my minor problems. You two are a pair of storm trooper survivors.

Ok that was nice Bill. So John, whose kid did you borrow for that pic? I mean he doesn't look real. I don't doubt the dogs are yours, but that handsome little dude must have been photo shopped. haha  Hope he grows up normal despite being in constant close proximity to you!

BillMFl
                    Participant

So I woke up this morning with the usual aches and pains feeling stiff and sore. Signed on with my morning coffee in hand and read yours and Bonnies posts and promptly forgot my minor problems. You two are a pair of storm trooper survivors.

Ok that was nice Bill. So John, whose kid did you borrow for that pic? I mean he doesn't look real. I don't doubt the dogs are yours, but that handsome little dude must have been photo shopped. haha  Hope he grows up normal despite being in constant close proximity to you!

BillMFl
                      Participant

BonnieLea
                        Participant

OHH POOOP  I answered Mr. Bill  then clicked wrong and away it went. to cyberspace or whereever it went.  I cannot remember what I said.

But wanted to tell you that I think of you and Pat.  Even though I am boobless I think we could get along.  I know John and I can get along with his Merry and my Bob and my kitties and his doggies.

Camping is booked for July for 14 nights.  wheeeee

Last year it was hopeless, what with my fall, broken ribs split lip, and maybe hurt cheek bone, and Bob's bout with needing to have a defiberlator/pacemaker put in.

Could not drive for six months, since I cannot drive any longer, our kid drove us up, his lady drove up there stuff, and our dotter drove me.

It was hard, I could not do anything and Bob was not allowed.  So I bought already chopped wood, we used new son in law to haul water and sonny boy went to the garbage daily for us.

But we had peace and quiet.  No bears (that I remember)

Love Bonnie

BonnieLea
                          Participant

OHH POOOP  I answered Mr. Bill  then clicked wrong and away it went. to cyberspace or whereever it went.  I cannot remember what I said.

But wanted to tell you that I think of you and Pat.  Even though I am boobless I think we could get along.  I know John and I can get along with his Merry and my Bob and my kitties and his doggies.

Last year it was hopeless, what with my fall, broken ribs split lip, and maybe hurt cheek bone, and Bob's bout with needing to have a defiberlator/pacemaker put in.

Could not drive for six months, since I cannot drive any longer, our kid drove us up, his lady drove up there stuff, and our dotter drove me.

It was hard, I could not do anything and Bob was not allowed.  So I bought already chopped wood, we used new son in law to haul water and sonny boy went to the garbage daily for us.

Love Bonnie

BonnieLea
                            Participant

Love Bonnie

jag
                              Participant

Thanks Bill, kind of had doubts myself about whether this kid was mine until I saw his mitts.  Has Merry's food looks and my Potato picker hands.  He also seems to have the same character flaws I do, you know no impulse control-just blurts out non coherent phrases whenever he likes and also can be mean and not let people sleep all night long.  That type of stuff.  I guess when it came to cancer god thought I could handle a lot and loaded up my plate.  With this little guy he must thing I'm a real puss.

Makes being a dad too easy.

MarieM
                                Participant

He's just beautiful!

MarieM
                                  Participant

He's just beautiful!

MarieM
                                    Participant

He's just beautiful!

jag
                                      Participant

Thanks Bill, kind of had doubts myself about whether this kid was mine until I saw his mitts.  Has Merry's food looks and my Potato picker hands.  He also seems to have the same character flaws I do, you know no impulse control-just blurts out non coherent phrases whenever he likes and also can be mean and not let people sleep all night long.  That type of stuff.  I guess when it came to cancer god thought I could handle a lot and loaded up my plate.  With this little guy he must thing I'm a real puss.

jag
                                        Participant

JerryfromFauq
                                          Participant

John, I have to say your grandson is almost as cute as mine.  I do wonder which of the people beside him is you?

JerryfromFauq
                                            Participant

John, I have to say your grandson is almost as cute as mine.  I do wonder which of the people beside him is you?

JerryfromFauq
                                              Participant

jag
                                              Participant

Awwe man Bonnie,

That is tough, very sorry to hear that you had that kind of a year.  May 2013 be a better one.  Jedd is certianly a handful, I have been lifting weights more just to scoop him up quick.  Biscuit and Buttercup are same old-same old.  I was shoveling out our driveway and they merely popped out the door and crapped and peed and then boomeranged back in side.  Had to shovel the driveway (18inches-nothing compared to what you are talking about I guess) all by my lonesome.  Trout would have never left me out there like that-little hair making rats that they are.  

Anyway, good friend of mine-Doug Schneider-farmer from Wisconsin and very talented carpenter(57-58yrs)strongest and hardest working man I've met in my life-also drinks too much-just slipped and cracked his femur.  They got him in the hospital and he has no support or healthcare whatsoever.  Delirious w/the DT's-thinks they have him trapped there, even I couldn't visit him after a while-he just got nasty with people who were trying to help him-they didn't even do anything wrong.

Anyway, thanks for the update.  You always have been a strong (and good looking) old soul and have every right to vent about what ails you, so don't be afraid to write about it.  We all are pulling for you.  

God Bless

John

Oh yeah, I don't normally like to post personal pics of the good things in my life(then you can't really get away with being mean after all) but this was our Christmas card picture this year-hope it cheers you up.   I never thought life would turn out to be this good.  If I had to do 1 lung surgery, 6 rounds of biochemotherapy, 4 rounds of IL2, a complete lung removal, and then six brain surgeries intermingled w/radiation all over again and get Jedd out of it, I definitely would.  Here he is w/the bookends.

http://s1291.beta.photobucket.com/user/gallagherjohna/media/Jeddsicle_zps4467915e.jpg.html

jag
                                                Participant

Awwe man Bonnie,

God Bless

John

MarieM
                                                  Participant

Hi Bonnie….also so sorry you had such a year. But you are still going CAMPING!  I Love your spirit!

Hugs, Marie

MarieM
                                                    Participant

Hi Bonnie….also so sorry you had such a year. But you are still going CAMPING!  I Love your spirit!

Hugs, Marie

MarieM
                                                      Participant

Hugs, Marie

Carole K
                                                        Participant

HI Bonnie,

My Dear Lady you have certainly been to hell and back this past year.  I am so so sorry for you and your family with everything that has hapened.  You are so strong and have the most amazing attitude. I would have fallen apart,  You have incredible strength and know I am sending you positive thoughts and healing hugs.  If there is anything I can do for you please know I am here,

Love and Light'

Carole K

Carole K
                                                          Participant

HI Bonnie,

My Dear Lady you have certainly been to hell and back this past year.  I am so so sorry for you and your family with everything that has hapened.  You are so strong and have the most amazing attitude. I would have fallen apart,  You have incredible strength and know I am sending you positive thoughts and healing hugs.  If there is anything I can do for you please know I am here,

Love and Light'

Carole K

Carole K
                                                            Participant

HI Bonnie,

Love and Light'

Carole K

JerryfromFauq
                                                              Participant

OK Lady, I never complained about your outside looks and I know that inside you are one of the most beautiful Ladies I know.  I'm not going to repeat what our friend Dian said about me and what I look like since my horse accident!  Great to see you back in here again.  Love you and your writings!  Expect to "see" more of you!

JerryfromFauq
                                                                Participant

OK Lady, I never complained about your outside looks and I know that inside you are one of the most beautiful Ladies I know.  I'm not going to repeat what our friend Dian said about me and what I look like since my horse accident!  Great to see you back in here again.  Love you and your writings!  Expect to "see" more of you!

JerryfromFauq
                                                                  Participant

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics